• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

slash 10 oz heavy buffers

Re: slash 10 oz heavy buffers

Yes...assuming you are talking about the XH .308 rifle buffer and depending on how your rifle is set up and how you are running it.

If you aren't running the gun suppressed (or running some HEAVY reloads or cartridges like the WSM/SAUM/.338 Federal/etc.), I don't think that you necessarily NEED the .308 XH buffer though. The other exception would be an overgassed factory gun where you want to slow down the action some or otherwise reduce perceived recoil.

The standard 5.4oz rifle buffer will work well for most non-suppressed, .308 semi autos.

ORD speaks the truth!
I had an overgassed ar10 to the extent that the charging handle would release when suppressed. He told me to use the slash buffer and a GB CH. All the problems went away and the recoil impulse was softer.

Hope this helps,
Trilogymac

How are the slash buffers for piston ar15's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Send__IT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How are the slash buffers for piston ar15's </div></div>

If you mean the "anti-tilt" buffers designed for the piston operated rifles to reduce/eliminate carrier tilt and the damage/issues associated with it...I have not tried one since my piston operated POF doesn't exhibit any carrier tilt problems with the rifle buffer/tube/PRS. If I ever have any issues, I'll have no problem whatsoever hitting Slash/Clint up for one of his anti-tilt buffers though! From other I have spoken with about the anti-cant buffers who had some serious wear/tear on their buffer tubes, it works as designed to fix the problem.

Running his buffer and spring in my new MA-TEN build and it works perfect and IMHO tames some of the impulse. 100% great guy to deal with and the quality is outstanding