• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Slide Glide lubricant

Casey Simpson

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2008
Louisiana
Seems superior, just to pass on a tip; this grease appears to be the best I've used. I'm trying it out on an AR - the bolt carrier sliding surfaces, bolt lugs and the sear surface. This grease feels very slippery and tenacious.
I like lubricants on weapons and guns to be only were its should, and to stay there and this stuff does that; its stringy sort of and comes in more than one viscosity.
I understand this grease to have been developed by Brian Enos for semi-auto pistols - said to soften recoil, and on other autos too.

Re: Slide Glide lubricant

I don't use it in my rifles, but do exclusively use it in my handguns. Light for her open gun and med with my limited 6" and 5" guns. On extremely cold days, a couple of drops of oil in the frame and slide channels keeps the viscosity from getting too thick/frozen and keeps everything running like a charm.

My 2 cents

Re: Slide Glide lubricant

Awesome stuff. I use it in my bolt guns, gas guns and all my handguns.