• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Slide Glide on bolt lugs

Gil P.

Blank
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Just for fun, I tried using some of my Brian Enos Slide Glide Lite on my bolt lugs and cocking piece. It's working well, no sticky bolt, and it feels slicker than the Shooters Choice syringe I've been using for the past 4 years.

We'll see how long it lasts.

Within reason, I agree. I've used Slide Glide on my bolt lugs for years because it's what I had.

Yes, within reason. Reason being grease appropriate for lubricating steel parts under high pressure contact.

Within the context used here, there are literally dozens of products that are never marketed as "firearm related" that will do the job just fine. Most of them available at auto and marine stores for a fraction of the price per ounce of the gun stuff.

Yes, within reason. Reason being grease appropriate for lubricating steel parts under high pressure contact.

Within the context used here, there are literally dozens of products that are never marketed as "firearm related" that will do the job just fine. Most of them available at auto and marine stores for a fraction of the price per ounce of the gun stuff.

Agreed

I use Slide Glide on all the things. Lugs, a light coat on the bolt body, etc...

I've been pretty happy with it.

Most of them available at auto and marine stores for a fraction of the price per ounce of the gun stuff.

Been in the maritime industry for 40+ years and have always said if you what to double the price of a product just stamp "Marine" or "Marine Grade" on it.

I use Slide Glide lite on my 2011, on my bolt guns I use Super Lube, the nice thing about Super Lube is it is not a dust/dirt magnet

Just tried Slide Glide on my logs a couple of weeks ago. Impressed. Use it on all my 1911'S.

I got a little tub of it a few years ago. All I could do was laugh to myself a little the first time I touched/smelled it. Got 'eem! I'm 99% sure it's just wheel bearing grease. Oh well. I use it regularly and it works, but it's the last time I'll trust anything Brian Enos is selling.
-Dan

Grease is most certainly not just grease. We had the parts store in town sending us grease for almost a year. It looked like wheel bearing grease, smelled like it, and came in a tube like it. During that year our customers were experiencing failures, or accelerated wear in their S cam bushings and throw out bearings. Turned out the grease they were sending us was electric motor grease.

I’ve been using slide glide on my Gas guns and lithium grease in my bolt guns for years with no problems. The only ones I’ve had issues with is organic based lubricants