• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Slidefire on .22

Rynham9

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2012
Enid, OK
Anybody played with a slide fire on a .22? Have a buddy wanting to sell me a slidefiresolutions and I'm considering putting it on a .22. I've read mixed reviews online. Thanks, Ryan

Re: Slidefire on .22

I wouldnt think a .22 rimfire would work very well at all for bumpfiring. You need more recoild to get it going.

Are you looking to put this on an AR with a .22lr conversion installed?

Would probably be much more work on your part to get it to function. I would bet that I could pul the trigger faster and more accurately than manually sliding the stock back and fourth with the little recoil from the .22. I have seen videos of them working, but I also saw lots of FTFs and it didn't look like the people shooting were very consistent with it.

At first I was considering a .22 LR conversion but changed my mind when thought about burning up my R15 barrel. Then I changed gears and looked at a few AR style .22s. I'm not sure about having enough recoil either. Sounds like it may be more expense for slidefiresolutions plus new.22 than it's worth. Sure sounds fun if it will work though.

Sounds fun, but it could be a problem. On a blowback, you can occasionally touch one off while the gun is slightly out of battery. I did that recently with my rimfire service rifle trainer. I was glad to have the thick glove and Creedmoor jacket on that day.

Thanks guys. I'm not going down this road anymore. To many unknowns with no real practical application for me. Going to get my full auto fix at an upcoming machine gun party. Thanks again.

It won't work with the .22 conversions. It will work with the m&p 15-22 with a light trigger.