• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

sling for a fal

marduk185

take my karma boom
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2009
tantric thrust
wondering what sling would be best for hauling a full size fal around. dont wanna spend much and i figger it can be pretty ghetto since its a south africa parts gun probably the more macruber the better.

Re: sling for a fal

You can use any U.S.G.I. 1 1/4" sling, the British L1A1 slings are pretty cheap and simple as well.

A U.S.G.I. web BAR sling might be a good choice, it`s long enough for the patrol style carry and can still be adjusted for normal carry and as a hasty sling for shooting.

any sling will work, IIRC my SA kits had green nylon slings covered in that baby s**t paint.

if you want a more comfortable design, check over on the falfiles and get a "Sling Thingy" they were actually called something like that. i think Gunparts guy, or rooster had them for sale. it fits between the lower receiver and the buttstock and allows for a left or right side sling.

USGI M1/M14 web sling, canvas or nylon works great.

greennylonJPG.jpg

Pretty much anything, I've got M1907's to old G3 slings on mine. Northridge International had some of the Brit slings that would work well...

British L1A1 sling are cheap and are more authentic than the US slings. The L1A1 sling is just a copy of the WWI & WWII Enfield sling. Although anything that's 1 1/4" will work.

I'll weave you a nice 550 cord one, if not interested there's a guy on here thats into quilting, maybe go the knitted doiley route?

already needle pointed a nice ghettotastic sling thatll work for now but after reviewing some archive rhodesia ops photos it looks like she needs something green and canvas on thar as well as need to paint the stick with intermitten baby poop green color paint. dont you got some that glows jj? i could use some 550 cord if u got any tho.

some weaving...more of a sling pad for an existing strap really. something similar out of real 550 would be more aesthetic i think.

12012010153.jpg

12012010155.jpg

not shoe lace, its whats walmart plays offers as camping cord. its trash but i was experimenting. rsa-r1...tell me more?

I think marduk might have 11 toes!

Paddle faster, I hear banjo music!

We know you're hiding the other 3 on the left there out of shot...

j/k

at least I didn't tell you your sling was woven from goat ass hair! LOL!

Local surplus store here sells webbing for about 25 cents per foot. Two buckles cost about 50 cents each. About $2.25 for a sling...cheap but effective.

Just get a GI web sling for an M1/M-14. You can get them for $15 or less, and you can use them as a marksmanship aid in the hasty or loop configurations as well as for carrying the rifle. It's a great inexpensive sling for a battle rifle. I have an extra front clip on all of mine from Numrich.