• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

sling mounting optios?

fastbs

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2010
Cookeville, TN
putting together my rifle project i've found a lot of info here but have not been able to find anything regards to mounting a sling on the side of my stock.
i have remmy varmint 308 w/ a b&c a3 medalist light tactical stock on order. i've seen in many pics slings mounted to the side of stocks. this seems like a more comfy way to haul the gun around than the traditional bottom sling mounting.
what do i need and what are my options to mount the sling on the side of the stock? also i see many where the sling is mounted on the bolt knob side; doesn't this cause the knob to dig into your back?
any and all suggestions or links welcome

been wanting a nice 308 for a while. heres what i've put together so far except for the stock which is on back order.
remington sps varmint 308
nikon monarch 4-16x42 scope
egw heavy duty 20 moa scope base
burris tactical rings
DSCN2097.jpg

Re: sling mounting optios?

well i called GrovTec and have mailed them a check. now on to the which sling delima.

Thanks LS6TT!!!!