• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sling options for hunting rifle

nksmfamjp

Handloader
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2006
Central OH
I have a long range hunting rifle. It is a custom Win M70. I’d like a sling that carries well and is very supportive for 100-300yd shots. I carry muzzle down on my front side

Id like a rear bungi, cuff, central buckle and a slider up front.

The SAP is too loud with the heavy metal slider. It bangs on everything. The slider also binds up if not run perfectly straight. Probably a great option in many worlds. Not good for me hunting.

The Armageddon Gear sling is pretty close to perfect, but the flapping strap and standard buckle make it a bit tough to use. May just need more practice.

RO Carbine Sling....I don’t have hands on time with this. It looks great, but he kind of struggles with it in the video. No cuff, but maybe I need to try it....looks like a nice sling!

TIS Quick Cuff.... I have some experience hunting with this. Missing a few things I think I need, but has worked well and quiet for me in the past.

TIS Slip Cuff Quick Detach....Another good option....still missing some features.

What is working for you guys? If you are going to tell me all I need is a strap, start another thread please.

The Armageddon Gear sling is pretty close to perfect, but the flapping strap and standard buckle make it a bit tough to use. May just need more practice.
To manage "flapping strap"situations I fabricate elastic keepers of various diameters for slings and backpack straps etc.
The elastic 550 paracord is also 7 stranded; the small diameters not.
Use fishing tackle sleeves of appropriate diameters to secure the elastic ends.
IMG_2610.JPG
IMG_6882 copy.JPG
IMG_6883 copy.JPG
IMG_2608 copy.JPG
IMG_2611 copy.JPG

Reactions: ZG47A