• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sling or flush cups? Barrel contour?

Elxx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2008
Tucson AZ
Im planning on ordering a T4A tomorrow but had a few questions.

1. Flush cups? How many people out there get them installed on the side of the rifle?

2. Barrel contour? Would using a sps-v barrel in a 'heavy sendro contour' look weird? Any disadvantages to having a channel being a little larger than needed?

Re: Sling or flush cups? Barrel contour?

I just ordered a McMillan HTG stock and requested that the flush cups be put on the bottom where the studs would normally go.

The only downside to having a wider barrel channel I would think is if you are hunting and sticks and shit get under the barrel. Then again I'm not too certain how much larger the barrel channel would be compared to your barrel.

I like flush cups on the side makes carrying with a sling way more comfortable. Make sure you get them on the opposite side of your bolt though!

I got my mcmillan HTG and it has the flush cups on the left side only (didn't need them on the bolt side), and I like them pretty well, not sure how it will be affected if I ever try to open the barrel channel up from varmint to a #7 though. Be sure to get quality sling swivels though.