• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sling recommendations?

Colt45guy

Colonel-Sgt (Really! Just ask)
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2004
Crestview FL
Finally finished my build. Rem 700 SA lefty, AICS chassis, Calvin Elite trigger, X-caliber RemAge barrel....so far, it shoots great😎.

Any recommendations for a good sling?

Hmmm that really depends, are you going too shoot from position with it or just use it as a carrying strap? Regardless I'm still stuck in past or old school, It’s hard too beat a quality 1907 sling. Here is my Les Tam attached too the latest build.

Attachments

• 95E6D553-20B5-4246-9401-8854F514C0FA.jpeg
    95E6D553-20B5-4246-9401-8854F514C0FA.jpeg
    458.9 KB · Views: 40
I'm a big fan of the Armageddon Gear precision rifle sling (with bungee).

I second the Armageddon Gear sling. Nice piece with an arm cuff if you choose to use it. The plastic buckles and adjusters keep the scratching of the rifle to a minimum.

I have a dozen slings (not counting one on every hunting rifle and single points on the ARs).
I have the AG and I can’t stand the bungee. Then again I hate single point with a bungee too.
The cuff is kinda kewl to play with, but to clumsy and slow for competitions (at least for me).
I use a VTAC biathlon sling for heavy rifles over long distances if I’m not also using a pack (then Vorn)
When I use one on my comp stick it’s a TAB PRS with the cobra buckles. It’s a much simpler sling, and adjusts fast by pulling straps.
I’ve probably spent a thousand dollars just finding the slings I like, and it turns out that I like the k.i.s.s. ones the best.

I like a sling with a bungee in it, the Rifles Only Carbine sling is my favorite, simple and quick to adjust, but my old TAB sling still gets a alot of use