• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Slings

CIjunkie

Private
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2012
Florida
What is your preference, single point, dual point. Im looking for one and need some input. I have a staked castle nut so I'm looking at MI adapters for an attachment point. Are there any other adapters that let you close your stock all the way?

TIA

Re: Slings

TIS Quick Cuff are nice and I use Gear Sector for my QD point up front

I like vtac slings. I usually connect them to the stock, but I do have a troy pro adapter on one rifle. It doesn't allow the stock to lock in the "1" spot... not a big deal to me.

A sling is like a holster. Match it to your use. I have and use both.
Is it for a carbine or a precision rifle?

Is it a carry and retention aid or are you looking for supported shooting?

In very close with a tremendous amount of fast erratic movement and direction changes I personally prefer a single point sling. They are fast and easy to manipulate the weapon with. They are also the bees knees for working in and out of a car with.
They suck for extended carry and support. They bash you in the nads and knees way too much. They offer no support of the rifle to aid stability.

On my most carried is a padded vtac type quick adjust 2 point. It is comfortable to carry all day, it is more than up to the task of close in work. It does give up a little to a single point in side to side shoulder changes but it does act as a support when shooting slung prone. Its easy to get in and out of.

Or a stock carry strap.

The staked castle. It is correct to do, it only takes a gunsmith with the correct vice block and wrench to turn it right off for you and pop the mounting plate on. Its easy so dont let it intimidate you.