• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Slippery Cheek Piece Fix

wareagle700

Minuteman
Jan 5, 2010
SE Georgia
I know I'm not the first to do this but thought I would share a material I found on Amazon that helps with cheek weld once you throw sweat or moisture into the mix. The other day it was 90+ degrees and 80% humidity and shooting with a hard piece of plastic as a cheek rest was not helping. I was about to purchase a $40 mini cheek pad but decided to browse amazon for a material that would stick on and provide a texture similar to a Eagle or Triad stock pack. I came across some adheasive suede, primarily used for the bottoms of dance shoes, ended up being perfect. It's a very strong 3M adheasive, not worried about it peeling off. I have several more preicsion rifle and AR stocks this will go on for added grip/comfort. It made enough of a difference I felt like sharing.

There are different sizes you can order but the sheet I purchased is enough to do probably 10 cheek pieces, depending on size.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CBJLNW2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8

I had the same problem and did the same thing. I didn't see adhesive suede, which might be better than the adhesive foam that I found. It was cheap though and it does what I want it to do. Amazon to the rescue again, haha.

Check out Hoptic USA Saddle Blankets. Most are custom cut foam pads and they also offer some generic stuff so you can cut it yourself. I use them on all my rifles and love them