• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Slow feeding a controlled round feed action

NJRaised

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2021
Port Murray NJ
My origin 223 seems to strip a round and chamber 95% of the time without issue. Occasionally the tip of the round seems to angle up, and get caught in the chamber with the bolt getting hung up pushing on the rim.

I decided to put a single 223 round in my mag (accurate mag, metal with plastic sleeve inside) and cycle it slowly. The round gets pushed forward and then “pops” out of the mag without getting grabbed by the bolt face.

Is that normal for a CRF do that? I understand bolts are meant to be run quickly , but this is my first CRF. It runs pretty smoothly when I’m cycling the gun quickly , with and occasional hiccup here and there .

Or is this just a 223 thing…

There was some finicky feeding issues reported with 223 on the tl3 early on and from what I remember bighorn offered a push feed bolt face for it. That being said I would bet it is more than likely a mag issue being the rounds need to sit more flat in the crf setups versus slightly nose up in the push feeds. At least that is my experience with my bighorn compared to my push feeds.

Reactions: spife7980
I’m pretty sure the non CRF bolt face is for the 223AI. I’ve got a 223 barrel I use on an origin from time to time and I’ve never had a feeding issue, fast or slow.

KRG bravo with Accurate mags or polymer MDT.

I’ve got a 223 barrel I use on an origin from time to time and I’ve never had a feeding issue, fast or slow.

No issue on my TL3 either. They both use the same boltface. Mine is with MDT poly mags in a Manners stock with mini chassis.

I run the push feed bolt face on my 223 ai. Zero issues from a mag, but I can't single feed worth a darn. I've had great luck with the MDT poly mags FWIW.