• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Slowly losing interest in the 308 build due to lack of rail options

KCode

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2019
I don't have any 308 ARs and I have been wanting one. But I cannot find a single rail that I like.

The build will be a Windham Weaponry AR 308 (DPMS high I believe) and I already have the lower and upper.

All I want is a nice traditional 15 inch Mlok or picatinny. It seems any I find are some that look like chain length or dumb angles.

Want something like this (traditional)
img_8432-jpeg.8160149

Don't want something like this
products-F-15-ML-308-2.jpg

rs=w:600,h:600

Yea, the Midwest industry one...That's the only one I've found. Meh

You could dump that upper receiver for $150 and have this for basically a $100 upgrade over the cost of a decent rail ($300).

The Mega is good shit and you can get the 14” for a little less. If it’s gotta be 15” then buy the 16” and send it to @chevy_man for shortening.

That gets you the Mlok style you want and you’re getting a top tier receiver set that the HG doesn’t bolt to the barrel nut for not a lot of money more.

Cheap out on receivers and then spend $900 on some sub par dress up for a look. Let me guess, BA barrel?

That’s not even close to the original style you posted a pic of either.
I was done at "Too see throughy". I just can't work with those guidelines.
BA barrels are more times than not damn great shooters. You would know this if you had any experience with them! :ROFLMAO:

Cheap out on receivers and then spend $900 on some sub par dress up for a look. Let me guess, BA barrel?

That’s not even close to the original style you posted a pic of either.

Cheap on receivers? Which receivers shoot better than the others? Can you post some links and data?:unsure:

Reactions: Field
I will second, or third, the ZEV/ Mega upper. I have both small and large frame versions and the fit and finish is very nice. The anodizing is done very well.

The small frame hand guard fits my mediums hands well, while the large frame is just within comfort for me (and larger than the LMT in OP).

I think your second "do not like" is an SLR Rifleworks model. They do have a lot of options, some of which are full rail, full MLOK. I did a build with their newer ZRO 15.2" model and it turned out very well.

Does anyone know if the MEGA uppers are dpms high or low profile? I couldn't find it on their website.

My Aero M5 setup with a 22" Criterior M118LR shoots ball like a freakin' champ ... Aero M5 with the ATLAS R-One handguard is a really good setup ...

If you can find a Criterion barrel ... run that ... they are stupid accurate ... gassed awesome ... but for the love ... DO NOT buy a BA barrel ... their quality control is all over the place (even though they are owned by Aero ... BA is a hit and miss sadly) ...

Reactions: GhostFace
The description threw me. The Armalites CMP rifles have them and when I was cross searching the Mk7 popped up. My bad, It’s for M4 receivers, not tall large frames. They should update the description as most AR shooters don’t think of a quad rail and a small frame SR.

I’ll keep looking. Someone makes one.

Samson makes one

Last edited:
From a purely Aesthetic standpoint, this is my favorite high pattern large frame rail. Unfortunately this is no longer made. The newer version has M-lock instead, still very nice + the integrated QD sockets.

IMG_7236.jpg

New version

15" Blem's on sale now.
1700175724243.png

Reactions: Jsp556
I used a JP. I needed gas block clearance and I'm pretty happy with it.

From a purely Aesthetic standpoint, this is my favorite high pattern large frame rail. Unfortunately this is no longer made. The newer version has M-lock instead, still very nice + the integrated QD sockets.

View attachment 8273858

New version

15" Blem's on sale now.
View attachment 8273831
me too! the gen 1 still is my favorite and I have it on my aero build. absolute best, cleanest, lightest, and just fits nicely in the hands

Reactions: 357Max
My Aero M5 setup with a 22" Criterior M118LR shoots ball like a freakin' champ ... Aero M5 with the ATLAS R-One handguard is a really good setup ...

If you can find a Criterion barrel ... run that ... they are stupid accurate ... gassed awesome ... but for the love ... DO NOT buy a BA barrel ... their quality control is all over the place (even though they are owned by Aero ... BA is a hit and miss sadly) ...
lol you know he's asking about rails right?

little dik syndrome, 'buy what I have, reinforce my spending please' lolol

One of the costs of selling to Uncle Sam is blem rejects.

Geissele's standards are exceptionally high. Every once in a while (major holidays) he'll laser-mark blems for deep discount. I wouldn't be surprised when eventually these rails hit the market.

Sometimes it pays to go to Camp Perry to see what he sells only to competitors on Commercial Row.

Bill got started selling his National Match triggers. Without an advertising budget the reviews passed by word-of-mouth.

Reactions: FatBoy and Jsp556
One of the costs of selling to Uncle Sam is blem rejects.

Geissele's standards are exceptionally high. Every once in a while (major holidays) he'll laser-mark blems for deep discount. I wouldn't be surprised when eventually these rails hit the market.

Sometimes it pays to go to Camp Perry to see what he sells only to competitors on Commercial Row.

Bill got started selling his National Match triggers. Without an advertising budget the reviews passed by word-of-mouth.
surely you jest?
they've pumped out more qc shit over the past 2yrs than psa. don't even get the hive started on barrels with accuracy that rivals bcm lol