• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SLR 7 Clamp On

HKpirate

Private
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2013
Chardon,Ohio
southingtonhuntclub.com
Never wrote a review any where for anything so here we go.

Just got the SLR Rifleworks adjustable gas block in a clamp on style to give it a try and to see how it performs. Let me state that even before getting the product I put in a few phone calls to the company and the first three times no one answered nor did I leave a message so that's neither here nor there. On the 4th attempt I talked to the owner and what a nice guy he answered all my questions and made me feel confident that his product will deliver !.

Now to the good stuff when I first unboxed the gas block it was very nicely packaged in a nice little bubble wrapped pouch and what not. ( I have gotten some parts that in boxes that I don't know how someone put willingly shipped it off. ) The finish and laser etched look crisp and well done. When I first installed it was very snug but not to the point where it scratched the barrel. So far so good I mean it is a gas block.

Once we got everything fully assembled we took it out to get the gas system dialed in. When you get the gas block it is all the way open so the first thing I did was close it and open it 3 clicks. Now when I say clicks I mean clicks ! it is very audible and have a massive amount of response when you get in the the next position ( which there is 15 of ). this is my favorite part so far if it was a scope turret we would all be in love very positive feeling.

As for actually shooting with the gas block we had the block on a Maten build in .308 we had to open it up just a few clicks to get it right where I wanted it and it shot super soft ! ( not that there is a ton of recoil anyways ). So next up we tossed a can on the end to see how easily we could adjust to accommodate a can. And wouldn't you know few clicks and it was cycling perfect. Now for the moment of truth I wrote down which " click " I was on for both turned gas block off and went to " my " unsuppressed position and wouldn't ya now cycled fine. so shot 10 round with no can and thought lets put the can back on and made the adjustment according to my " click " count and it worked just as it should.

The size seems great and it should fit under every hand guard I would think . below are pictures on the my rail which is pretty small.

Bottom line the gas block costs around $115 + flat rate shipping but is a great. They shipped the same day and were very nice to talk with. It does exactly what it claims to do and these clicks are great if you shoot suppressed and non and switch back on forth. The screw will not back all the way out loosing all the insides on the ground. over all it is a very neat idea and works great ! If you are in the market for a new gas block or building id give these a try.

Sorry for the cell phone pictures.

Just put one of these on my new AR. Looks to be a very nice GB. I'll post pics ASAP...

Last week I finally had the chance to wring out my first SLR gas block. My experiences with both the company and the product were likewise extremely favorable (both suppressed and unsuppressed).

We will be using the SLR as MSTN's adjustable gas block option in the future.

IMG_3594.JPG

I'm a nobody. ;)

I'll just add that Todd and SLR products are amazing and the service and responsiveness over email is fantastic.

Last week I finally had the chance to wring out my first SLR gas block. My experiences with both the company and the product were likewise extremely favorable (both suppressed and unsuppressed).

We will be using the SLR as MSTN's adjustable gas block option in the future.

IMG_3594.JPG

Thats a great looking build I like the color scheme ! And I felt the same the guys down there were awesome to deal with shipping was fast and the overall experience was great.

Thats a great looking build I like the color scheme ! And I felt the same the guys down there were awesome to deal with shipping was fast and the overall experience was great.

Glad you like it. My good friend who runs Shapeshifter Finishing did it for me in Cerakote H-267.