• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SLR Rifleworks DA7 Adjustable Gas Block - ?? for Current Owners

ORD

Montani Semper Liberi
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2005
Morgantown, WV, USA
Does anyone currently have a DA7 adjustable gas block from SLR Rifleworks?

If so, I would really appreciate it if someone could possibly take a quick measurement for me. I need to know either: a) the height of the block from the centerline of the bore to the top of the block; OR b) the height from the top of the block to top of the barrel; OR even c) the height from the base of the barrel to the bottom of the block? Any piece of the puzzle you can give me will allow me to figure out all I need as I know the total height of the block is 1.47".

I have written the company once by e-mail, once from the "contact" link on their website, once in a post on their BARFCOM Industry forum page and one phone call/message over the last two weeks with ZERO input/feedback/info from them to date.

I would REALLY like to try one of these blocks for a precision AR project I have in the works, but I am VERY limited on the height over bore that I can use due to the block being covered by my handguard and I need to know if it will fit or not and how much clearance I'll have if it does fit.

Thanks for any assists, folks!

What I got for a .770 ID block is .545 from the top of the block to the top of barrel.
From the bottom of barrel to bottom of block .175
Like you wrote the total block is 1.470

If you need anymore info pm me, I have two loose ones, clamp ons. Call again too, I called yesterday, the owner couldn't be more helpful and will give you plenty of time. He spent 20 minutes with me going over the port sizes on his verse stock AAC 300 size barrel port trying to work out ways to cycle subs unsuppressed. If you get him on the line he is great with cs.

Getting ready to drop $ on a SLR DA-8 for my AR10…any range reports out there on how these work. (Tired of waiting for Syrac to produce one.)
Call in to the techs for set screw specs just to make sure it'll fit. Assuming .5" separation on dimples. Does the gas completely shut off on these things? Fouling issues?

Getting ready to drop $ on a SLR DA-8 for my AR10…any range reports out there on how these work. (Tired of waiting for Syrac to produce one.)
Call in to the techs for set screw specs just to make sure it'll fit. Assuming .5" separation on dimples. Does the gas completely shut off on these things? Fouling issues?
Impatience got the better of me. Ordered one up as I don't think anybody knows they're available yet, they've only been out 2 weeks. (beating the christmas rush;)
I guess I'll do my own range report. Btw, the tech said first set screw is .454" from back of block, next is .5" The rest of the spec are on the web page….
Products
Found some website issues, but customer service was EXCELLENT(personal/by phone) so those were minor and resolved quickly. I think due to the newness of the product.