• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Small hands

Gooberdotcom

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2018
Need to go ahead and get my replacment stock for a ADL 20” tactical ive been tinkering with.

Looking at Grayboe’s Terrain and B&C’s M40 for the most part. They fit my budget. My biggest concern is the palm swells. My hands are 7” from wrist to middle fingertip.

With a plate and 4 screws, on both 4th and 5th metacarples. Pardon if spelling is not correct. On my right hand. So both of those two bones were shortened during that process.

The hand is not crippled, but it kind of put a chokehold situation on an already small hand. I was just wondering if any body had personal experience with either of these two stocks. I would really like to get some opinions on the palmswells.

The Houge on the rifle now feels comfortable other than swept back a little more than id like. I really like Grayboe’s Renegade. But that palmswell even looks a little big for me.

Thanks

If i measured it right, my hand is about that size if not smaller. Unfortunately I have no personal experience with those two stocks, ive got the same Hogue on one of my 700s though.
Those stocks dont look like anything I would stay clear from if that helps. Despite small hands I have yet to feel a stock that I felt was overly large. Even the Renegade looks like a s tock id find comfortable.
Any local shops you could stop by and handle different tactical stocks at? Ones with big palm swells?

you can always grind the palm swell down......then do a texturing job with epoxy to cover the grinding.

Reactions: Diver160651
No such luck. Small town with few resources in that dept. I did get my hands on a HS precision that looked like a simple sporter/hunter. It was a little big right in the palmswell. Uncomfortably big. Prompting my concern.

A return is not out of the question. As I would order the Grayboe from Redhawk Rifle and the B&C directly from B&C. I’d just rather try to inform myself before hand and simply make one purchase.

I use the renegade with smaller hands. I don't wrap my thumb over the stock though. I get my hand farther forward on the palmswell and run my thumb along the vertical contour.

I bought a KRG with the large sized grip panels and immediately thought that they were way to big for me, but I decided to shoot it that way before ordering the replacement small sized grip panels. To my surprise, the big grip proved to work really well for me in real world use and I kept it that way. So, while this doesn't directly answer your question, the range of sizes that might be acceptable to you could be greater than you think.

If you don't have an opportunity to try first hand, you could ask for circumferential measurements from guys with stocks you're considering and compare to one that you know fits your hand the way you like.

I bought a KRG with the large sized grip panels and immediately thought that they were way to big for me, but I decided to shoot it that way before ordering the replacement small sized grip panels. To my surprise, the big grip proved to work really well for me in real world use and I kept it that way. So, while this doesn't directly answer your question, the range of sizes that might be acceptable to you could be greater than you think.

If you don't have an opportunity to try first hand, you could ask for circumferential measurements from guys with stocks you're considering and compare to one that you know fits your hand the way you like.
I can't edit, but was going to add that "uncomfortably big" is what I thought at first with the grip panels I'm currently using, but I never think that when I am behind the rifle.

You could always make up a custom molded polymer clay grip for the Grayboe if it dosen't fit you well. This is very easy to do on a Grayboe as they are made of an easy to machine uniform epoxy / fiberglass composite. I did one of these on the Ridgeback that I am reviewing. Check out post #23 here for some more details and pics. Many of my rifles have one of these polymer clay grips because most stock designs really don't provide good fit for the trigger hand and leave you with either poor trigger finger position or poor control / support of the rifle.

Well, at this point time will tell. Ordered a Terrain this morning. Every rifle I’ve ever owned has been the stock that came on it. But so far, they have all been meat guns.

No sense in dramaticly changing style. If it was just a bench gun fine, I may would try a renegade style. Get the feeling if this thing turns out to be a shooter, it will wind up my primary hunter as well. As nothing beats confidence in your weapon and your shot placement ability in the field.

Hope im not disapointed, heard lots of good stuff about B&C’s. Tried and true. By men that use them. Good luck finding the same info on Greyboe.

B&C just didnt seem like the order would be that much of a priority after a phone call. Redhawk jumped right on it. Even calling before they were technicaly open, They answered.

Plus they have all my info as ive purchased from them before. Excellent experiance everytime.