• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Small handy EDC fixed blades, what do you........?

sr15match

Lost........
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2008
Wellsville, NY
I like a handy fixed blade for EDC. There's a lot to choose from on the market from production, semi-custom and full customs.

Here's my latest addition. The scarab for it is kydex and it can be set up to be securely carried around the neck, on a belt right side up / up side down or attach it to a pack.

What do you have and or prefer??

IMG_1963_zps3da4728b.jpg

IMG_1962_zpsfaf54d55.jpg

I just got a spartan enyo, so far I like it. I carry it on duty, it fits and hides well behind a mag pouch or taser. Not only that it's a lot easier and faster draw than a pocket knife.
This is the stock image the use.
Enyo%20Sharp%20Web_LRG.jpg

I have an Enyo as well, plus a Spartan CQB tool. The CQB is great for the intended purpose, but not as useful for everyday cutting. The Enyo is a great do-all knife, and mine came from Spartan sharp enough to shave with.

The Spartan Enyo has been on my knife short list for quite some time and the price is right too.

What else do you guys have, carry and recommend? I'm always open to new ideas, products and handy tools.

I carry a Shaerk Little Mook. It's about perfect for my needs. I like that it fits in my pocket and is easier to draw and use than a regular pocket knife and it's oh so sharp!

RyanW High Uinta is possibly the most handy fixed blade I've ever owned. Came with a horizontal carry sheath which makes is super easy to carry everyday! This was the photo from Ryan as I couldn't get TinyPic to cooperate this morning.

sb4wap.jpg

Finally got TinyPic to work for me, here it is with a little patina.

f1d4c2.jpg

Last edited:
I like the Mora Kniv.

Light, compact, easy to draw, sharp, and above all, I didn't give two fingers and a toe for it.

d'Eskabar is my EDC fixed blade. Not quite as refined as I would like, but I am not afraid to use it, abuse it, break it, or lose it. A high end blade would see less use.

I've had a Strider SA for years, usually carried horizontally at the belt buckle. I did have to re profile the edge to get it where I wanted it.

Attachments

• imag.jpg
    imag.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

This is one of my favorite makers. I am not a "knife guy," so I don't want to drop $500 on a blade. The ESEEs are excellent value and no nonsense cutlery. I have a handful of them and 2 of them are the Izulas. If you lose it, 50 bucks gets another on the way and they are tough. If you want a BIG hiking/camp knife, the ESEE 6 is a hoss without encroaching on machete territory.