• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Small KYL rack that handles CF rifle at 100y

FimRire RongLifle

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2022
Florida, USA
I have a rimfire kyl rack 1/4 steel with small targets., Looking for similar that can handle CF such as 223/6.5 also with smaller targets for 100 yard use. is anyone aware of one?

1/2" thick AR500 at a minimum, and you can still expect it to get pretty chewed up after a little while (especially with a small plate with concentrated impacts). Just get something that you can swap places on pretty easily.

I use 1/2" for zeroing my thermal on different rifles, and even an 18" .308 will make little pock marks at 100. So does .223.

Shooting Targets 7 makes both rimfire and center fire KYL kits

Of if you want to just make your own you can buy their hangers and targets to get whatever size target you want

I think if you want to go down to 1" as the smallest, it may not line up perfectly with the other larger gongs. Maybe if you use the longest arm for the 1" and then use the next shorter for 2" and so on, then maybe they'd like up? Give them a call. He is very responsive and good to talk with.

What size targets are you wanting?

thanks! I dont care if the elevations are off its even better that way! Its only for a 100y so all the tiny ones are fine. like 3" and smaller for as many as I can get.

With AR500 steel, if the velocity of the round is greater than 2850fps at the target, you will get pitting on the target.
1712930612609.png

Reactions: FimRire RongLifle
I have a rimfire KYL set and a set of larger CF gongs from shootingtargets7. They make good stuff at a good price. The only thing I found I had to do was deburr the holes a bit on the "Y" shaped pieces that attach the uprights to the horizontal bar. When you have a full rack of 3/8" thick plates, you want to be able to slide them on quick and not struggle with it

Reactions: Ichi