• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Small lots of bullets for sale

Onarampage247

Private
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2017
ABQ
Does anyone know if companies ever sell smaller lots of bullets gor testing load development? Powder is scarce and bullets are pricey. Just wondering if it is a possibility

Some do, but usually 50 for monos and 100 for jacketed is the minimum. And honestly that’s a reasonable amount for load development in my mind anyway, but your process may differ.

Hammer Bullets will sell you a 15pk if you’re willing to choke down the high per-bullet cost. $25-30 without shipping.

I don’t think this is the answer for you, though. Can’t recall if others do something similar, I know I’ve seen it elsewhere but can’t recall where.

I can normally see in 30 or 40 if they will shoot decent. I normally would buy 100, but I got a hunt this year and I am not having success finding H1000, RL26 or Retumbo for load development. Figured I might try a different approach and see where it goes.

Reactions: KnowNothing256
They should sell brass lots of 105. One for modified brass and a couple to sacrifice to the AMP annealer with a couple left for the few you end up losing at a match.

I know, an OCD problem.

They should sell brass lots of 105. One for modified brass and a couple to sacrifice to the AMP annealer with a couple left for the few you end up losing at a match.

I know, an OCD problem.
You're only losing a couple per match? Teach me your ways

• Haha
Reactions: Jefe's Dope