• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Small rifle primed 3006?

Why? Serious question.

My take on that is the powder column would be too long and narrow to ensure that you get consistent and full ignition, especially if using slower powders or have less than case fill.

Reactions: spife7980
Why? Serious question.

My take on that is the powder column would be too long and narrow to ensure that you get consistent and full ignition, especially if using slower powders or have less than case fill.
I hadn’t thought about that to be honest….. Thats a true concern… i have a pile of small rifle primers to burn up, but if thats an issue (which makes sense) may not be worth tinkering with.

I hadn’t thought about that to be honest….. Thats a true concern… i have a pile of small rifle primers to burn up, but if thats an issue (which makes sense) may not be worth tinkering with.
I can’t say that it would definitely be an issue tbh, but I do know that there’s been a few posting that they’ve even found inconsistent ignition to affect their ES/SD on 6.5 Creedmoor, using SRP vs. LRP.