• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FUNCTIONAL

Dirty Civilian
Minuteman
  • Feb 19, 2012
    Eastern, NC
    Love my p07 with RMR but in some situations I'd prefer the same gun but slightly more compact and single stack.

Anyone know a DA/SA decockable pistol that meets those needs that I can either slap an rmr on or get it machined for one?

CZ Rami may be a viable option.

jgmAfZm_d.webp

Reactions: holy cow
    More compact-single stack-decockable-optic mounted creates a short list of pistols.

Look to Gray Guns for fitting the optic on the Sigs

Single stack: Sig P239 SAS , Sig P245 , Sig P228,

Double stacks P229c, P228, P224 SAS, HK p2000

The P229C and P224 have similar profiles as P365.

IMG_1748 copy.JPG
    IMG_6099 copy.jpg
    IMG_1662 copy.JPG
    IMG_7463HK P7M13  P2000SK Emerson Osborn Design Titanium Mother of Pearl with Coffee Photos copy.jpg
    IMG_5186 copy.jpg
    IMG_9716a copy 3.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1662 copy.JPG
      IMG_1662 copy.JPG
      508.4 KB · Views: 25
    Reactions: SONIC SAAMI
    It’s been discontinued, unfortunately
    I’ve seen a few used ones for sale.
    Almost picked one up last week.... but decided I didn’t need it and would end up as just another thing sitting in the safe. Whenever I want smaller than my P-07 - I go to the Sig P290RS.

Reactions: TheBigCountry
    I have this Sig P290 RS .......but it has two strikes against it: DAO and as such not de-cockable.

IMG_0831SIG P290 RS NIB PHOTOS 10.03.21 copy.jpg

Reactions: MadDuner
    I have this Sig P290 RS .......but it has two strikes against it: DAO and as such not de-cockable.

View attachment 7973187
    There is no cocking it.
    It’s either loaded with one in the chamber or it’s not.
    While I don’t enjoy mine - I’ve won bets by shooting it out to 100 yds against friends.

I understand there is no cocking.......a DA/SA was one of the OP's criterion for which he desired a de-cocker.

Reactions: MadDuner
    Doesn’t S&W have the CSX? I liked the few I got to handle at the counter.

Love my p07 with RMR but in some situations I'd prefer the same gun but slightly more compact and single stack.

Anyone know a DA/SA decockable pistol that meets those needs that I can either slap an rmr on or get it machined for one?

There is nothing. Dress around the gun and maybe get a different holster that works better for you.

If you really want something smaller, I think your only option is a striker gun. The 365XL is what I carry and recommend for that size.

If you want to find a better way to carry the P07, you may want to try a sidecar style appendix holster if you haven't. I don't really care that much about a spare mag but it makes it more comfortable. It stretches the area it lays against you and makes it more comfortable for me. More like a board instead of a brick.

If you really want something smaller, I think your only option is a striker gun. The 365XL is what I carry and recommend for that size.

If you want to find a better way to carry the P07, you may want to try a sidecar style appendix holster if you haven't. I don't really care that much about a spare mag but it makes it more comfortable. It stretches the area it lays against you and makes it more comfortable for me. More like a board instead of a brick.
    Kind of where I'm at right now.

Been looking hard at the G43x with tlr6/rmr and sidecar, a p365 with the same setup or just trying a sidecar first.

Been noticing the weight of the 07 has been pressing into some nerves in my pelvis area and causing some issues. Not always but enough to consider changing it up every now and then. I had the same thought about the side car spreading it out more but don't want to drop $140ish just to find out I'm in the same boat

Kind of where I'm at right now.

Been looking hard at the G43x with tlr6/rmr and sidecar, a p365 with the same setup or just trying a sidecar first.

Been noticing the weight of the 07 has been pressing into some nerves in my pelvis area and causing some issues. Not always but enough to consider changing it up every now and then. I had the same thought about the side car spreading it out more but don't want to drop $140ish just to find out I'm in the same boat

I don't think you'll be upset with the sidecar; they are expensive but worth it. Look at the Tier One concealed Axis elite/slim too, which I really like.

IMO, the belt you're using has more of an impact on your back or nerve issues while carrying. I recently switched to the Tier One KORE belt and that helped, but the biggest help is having an adjustable belt that you can easily adjust while wearing the gun. Also look into Hunter Constantine's new CCW belt. His is focused primarily on comfort and it actually stretches with you but retains most of the vertical rigidity.

You're really getting into the fine tuning of carrying and not many people can tell you exactly what to do, cause you need to fit and tune the rig to your body. You CAN make the P07 work with you but understand that a thinner gun COULD make it easier or it might not make a difference, and you're going to have bad days comfort wise lol. I find stretching every morning helps a lot. I also loosen my belt when driving or sitting at the computer and tighten it when walking around or with clients (care about printing)

I don't think you'll be upset with the sidecar; they are expensive but worth it. Look at the Tier One concealed Axis elite/slim too, which I really like.

IMO, the belt you're using has more of an impact on your back or nerve issues while carrying. I recently switched to the Tier One KORE belt and that helped, but the biggest help is having an adjustable belt that you can easily adjust while wearing the gun. Also look into Hunter Constantine's new CCW belt. His is focused primarily on comfort and it actually stretches with you but retains most of the vertical rigidity.

You're really getting into the fine tuning of carrying and not many people can tell you exactly what to do, cause you need to fit and tune the rig to your body. You CAN make the P07 work with you but understand that a thinner gun COULD make it easier or it might not make a difference, and you're going to have bad days comfort wise lol. I find stretching every morning helps a lot. I also loosen my belt when driving or sitting at the computer and tighten it when walking around or with clients (care about printing)
    Oh yea, learned long ago the belt is critical. Currently using a nex gun belt (same as kore essentials, etc) so very stiff and ratchets for small adjustments and anytime I need it. Honestly a great little system those belts.

I tried the Springfield XD-E for thinner carry weapon.
    Hated shooting that gun.
    Hate the gun.
    I shoot it OK, just don't like it at all.

Oh yea, learned long ago the belt is critical. Currently using a nex gun belt (same as kore essentials, etc) so very stiff and ratchets for small adjustments and anytime I need it. Honestly a great little system those belts.

I gotcha, I used a NEX belt for a little over a year of daily carry. I won a Tier One KORE belt 2 months ago at an event and have used it daily since then, and it may seem trivial, but I like it ALOT more than the nex belt. I think there are a few small differences that make it better and more comfortable.
    1.) It is slightly wider and it appears the hard material is slightly thinner, getting more of its thickness from the fabric and neoprene like material on the inside. This makes it "feel" more cushy and doesn't dig into me as much as the nex belt. The nex belt some days feels like I'm wearing a ratchet strap.
    2.) The buckle is longer and thinner, as opposed to the blocky square nex belt. The way I wear my belt, the nex belt would either pinch my skin against the holster or it would ride on my hip bone(I'm 6' - 185). I like the longer buckle of the Tier One
    3.) The inside of the Tier one is stickier so it doesn't move around as much. This makes it harder to adjust but I only adjust a few times a day, so having it stay in place better all day and be more cushy is why I like it better.

I tried the Springfield XD-E for thinner carry weapon.
    Hated shooting that gun.
    Hate the gun.
    I shoot it OK, just don't like it at all.
    I had an original Springfield XDM 5.25 match pistol that I loved. It was flawless for 3k+ rounds and I regret selling it. That being said, I've shot 10 or more various Springfields since then and I've hated them all lol. My buddy just got the Hellcat pro and I don't like it. Feels ok in the hand but shoots noticeably worse than my Sig 365XL.

I gotcha, I used a NEX belt for a little over a year of daily carry. I won a Tier One KORE belt 2 months ago at an event and have used it daily since then, and it may seem trivial, but I like it ALOT more than the nex belt. I think there are a few small differences that make it better and more comfortable.
    1.) It is slightly wider and it appears the hard material is slightly thinner, getting more of its thickness from the fabric and neoprene like material on the inside. This makes it "feel" more cushy and doesn't dig into me as much as the nex belt. The nex belt some days feels like I'm wearing a ratchet strap.
    2.) The buckle is longer and thinner, as opposed to the blocky square nex belt. The way I wear my belt, the nex belt would either pinch my skin against the holster or it would ride on my hip bone(I'm 6' - 185). I like the longer buckle of the Tier One
    3.) The inside of the Tier one is stickier so it doesn't move around as much. This makes it harder to adjust but I only adjust a few times a day, so having it stay in place better all day and be more cushy is why I like it better.

I had an original Springfield XDM 5.25 match pistol that I loved. It was flawless for 3k+ rounds and I regret selling it. That being said, I've shot 10 or more various Springfields since then and I've hated them all lol. My buddy just got the Hellcat pro and I don't like it. Feels ok in the hand but shoots noticeably worse than my Sig 365XL.
    I still like my XDM 5.25, but won't ever carry it.
    It is strictly a range toy for me.

Reactions: Gustav7
    I carry a Glock 45 now in a Sidecar. After a day of carrying it, I hardly notice it.

Try a Sidecar before buying a new gun. I’m going to see about getting one for my P07s. If they make the 45 with TLR an easy option, it’ll make the P07 even better.

Reactions: FUNCTIONAL
    I plan on it.... my problem is I've now felt the new shield plus trigger and I have to have one. I've never been so impressed with a factory trigger as I was when I felt one of those (1911s excluded). What's life without variety?

That said I still will try a sidecar. The p07 is by far my favorite pistol and the decocking sa/da is my ideal carry setup.