• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Smileys and colored letters?

steve123

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2008
none of your business
Yes I know....my internet FU is very weak!

How do I get the smileys in the post?

How do you get the colored letters in the post?

Thanks in advance!!

Steve

Re: Smileys and colored letters?

When you comment on a post, click the "switch to full reply screen" located on the bottom of your comment box and there will be alot of other options for your text/post.

grin.gif
First attempt

Now I need help getting color and size of text but my Fu is getting stronger.Can you help me again ?

Thanks,

Steve

You have to put what you want between the modifiers:

[whatever] your text goes here [/whatever]

If you wish multiple modifiers, your text still goes in the middle of the sammich:

[whatever][other whatever] your text [/other whatever][/whatever]

Figuring this out yet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6mmFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
laugh.gif
Ha Ha ! If I cant outshoot you I
will out smiley you!!
</div></div>

Haha! Dirk

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 338WinMag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have to put what you want between the modifiers:

[whatever] your text goes here [/whatever]

If you wish multiple modifiers, your text still goes in the middle of the sammich:

Figuring this out yet? </div></div>

Ok here goes again<span style="font-size: 17pt">TTTT</span> and <span style="color: #FF6666">GGGG</span>

Cool!!

I feel like some kind of internet guru now,LOL.

Thanks a bunch <span style="font-size: 26pt">TC</span>and <span style="color: #3366FF">338</span><span style="font-size: 26pt">338</span>!!!

OK new ?.How do you combine color and size of font?

Steve

Oh OK. I'll try that now.

[color:#FF0000][/color]338winmag rules![size:23pt][/size]

338WinMag rules<span style="color: #CC0000">338WinMag rules</span>338Winmag rules<span style="font-size: 26pt">338Winmag rules</span>

It escapes me...darn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">338WinMag rules<span style="color: #CC0000">338WinMag rules</span>338Winmag rules<span style="font-size: 26pt">338Winmag rules</span>

It escapes me...darn </div></div>

[color][font size] your text here [/font size][/color]

Observe the pattern. Your text remains in the middle of ALL the modifiers. However, your modifiers have to bracket your text in order as shown. You may have to "cut and paste or actually type in the end brackets to get it to work correctly but the format HAS to be correct to achive the goal. It's not rocket surgery, just follow the example.

blush.gif
...OK I think I see what you are saying.

<span style="color: #FF6666"><span style="font-size: 26pt">338WinMag rules</span></span>

OK...I found out that if I highlighted the text and selected color then highlighted text again and selected font that it would work.YAY!!!

Thanks,

Steve

<span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="font-size: 26pt">TESTING </span></span>

I'm glad you got it Cartman.

I'm trying but it ain't working.Are you sure I don't have to be a rocket scientist?

I figured it out finally.yay

OK.....I'm not as dumb as I thought.I was worried there for a while.I wasn't putting all the color and font info in there.

Thanks a bunch 338!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit...or maybe I am that dumb?

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK.....I'm not as dumb as I thought.I was worried there for a while.I wasn't putting all the color and font info in there.

Thanks a bunch 338!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit...or maybe I am that dumb?

Steve </div></div>

Okay, last resort. Click on the "Quote" button along the bottom of Cartmans post. What you see displayed will SHOW YOU what the format should look like when you post your reply. This really isn't Brain Science.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 338WinMag</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #000099">This really isn't <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Brain</span></span> Science.</span> </div></div>

That may have to be my new signature line -- too funny!

<span style="color: #33CC00"><span style="font-size: 26pt">Ok I see now.My brain size has expanded</span></span>