• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Smith and Wesson M&P .357Sig

alien319

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2007
PA
www.curtispittman.net
What are all of your thoughts on the M&P in .357 Sig. I've been toying with the idea of buying one in this caliber. Very Accurate round. I know the .40S&W is a very good round too. I've already got a .45ACP so I am looking at either an M&P in .357 Sig or .40S&W. Also looking at the Compact version for Carrying.
Let me know what you guys think.

Re: Smith and Wesson M&P .357Sig

I'd say it would hinge mostly on availbility of ammo. Either one you SHOULD be able to buy a barrel and swap in between either. (40 or 357).
I've owned both calibers and do love the 357. Yeah its pretty much a roid'd up 9...but its still a great round. The SS uses it as do a few other LE agencies. Same can be said for the 40. A while back i was speaking to some Game Wardens from Maine and asked'm how they liked it. (Once I learned thats what they used). They said they were quite pleased even on Moose. *Didn't know full spec's on that but was told it's effective.

Yeah I wouldn't see why a simple barrel swap wouldn't work either. I know the NC Highway Patrol uses the M&P .357Sig down here and from talking with them, they love it too. Well, thanks for the reply.

I went from the Glock 31 to the M&P .357 (Department switched). I can tell you the M&P is way more accurate and just as reliable. It's pointability is better and interchangeable grips are good for different sized hands. My scores went up 3 to 4 percentage points and I can sometimes clean the qual course. The gun does get hot pretty quick. The only complaint I have is the magazines are easily affected by dirt and sand.

I like the M&P. I think the compact is a little bit too small for my taste, though.

I have the 5" 9mm (Pro). I would not mind having a 4.25" 9mm as well.

I carry a G19 (usually), but I definitely prefer the M&P design more. Unfortunately, the compact is just too small for my taste and the G19 is the perfect carry size for me.

I have no use for .357 Sig and I always suggest 9mm. Expensive ammo means you won't practice as much, and if you ask me, that's what really matters.

I shoot 9mm and .45, but I'd just assume shoot 9mm all the time.

I would get a .40 first, and get a .357 barrel for it later on or even at the same time. The mags are the same (mine say .40 S&W/.357 Sig on them), and you'll be able to find more .40 ammunition right off the bat to start shooting it. I carry an M&P 40 compact and love it.

I know of at least one person who carries a .357 Sig in the winter because higher velocity = greater penetration of winter clothes. I say whatever, but to have the ability to change calibers in less than a couple of minutes seems quite handy.