• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Smith and Wesson SD9 problems

Kyle7

Private
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2013
Watertown, SD
It seems to me that my luck with buying things is just getting worse and worse, I bought the SD9 about two weeks ago on a private sale and went to test it out. First rounds I ran through it were some rather old looking Wolf steel cased, and I only had two or three rounds that failed to go off, I figured it was the ammo itself so i moved onto the Fiocchi that was brand new and that worked perfectly fine. So I go out today with some Winchester ammo and I still had some Wolf and some Fiocchi left over. I think I counted 20 rounds out of 50-60 that failed to fire, all of which failed had what looked like a very light firing pin strike on the primers. This got me seeing some red because this is my concealed carry pistol. So I am just wondering if any SD9 or SD40 owners out there had the same problems and what steps they took to fix this problem. Thank you for your replies.

Not to be a smart ass, but trade it in on an M&P. A friend had one a while back and it had similar issues. He got rid of it. I would not trust that pistol with my life. Sorry for the bad news.
Maybe someone else has a trick or upgraded spring kit. Clean the heck out of it and try greasing. I personally wouldn't carry it unless you are sure it will cycle your defense ammo, not just plinking junk.
Hope it works out for you.