• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Smith Tactical presents Smith Tactical Munitions.

Masked

Smith Tactical
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2012
Connecticut
www.smith-tactical.com
Heya folks.

Fought 2 appeals and a metric ton of bullshit. I opened formally on Monday.

Www.Smith-Tactical.com

I have custom ammo machines with custom dies on CNC'd toolheads with the works. Return to zero tech, all that fun stuff.

We're offering "in stock" ammunition in the following calibers:

5.56 (223), 7.62 (308) and 300BLK.

Factory ammunition will be Hornady brass with Hornady Bullets; some product will be Armscor brass as well.

After some long deliberation, Smith Tactical factory ammunition will be made using NEW BRASS unless otherwise noted. I was able to source a couple distributors that are able to provide brass at competitive prices. So we will be offering both a re-manufactured product and a NEW product.

I am primarily using Hornady bullets from this point forward however, we are capable of using any bullets the customer desires. If you'd like the Sierra product or Nosler, as was mentioned in the other thread, cost per rd is simply the difference in price from bullet to bullet - I won't beat you up.

Cost per bullet actually had very little to do with that decision. The reality is that the customer wants what they want and I will provide the end user with whatever product, they want. Performance was the issue. In my testing and many others across the industry, the HPBT and Match grade bullets have been outperforming everything else.

I'm capable of manufacturing almost any caliber that falls under small arms and currently have military contracts for several calibers.

Defense ammunition is available as is frangible.

I have testers that I will be contacting over the next week, finalizing a few details. By December 1, I hope to have solid results by fellow Hide members, on a solid factory product.

My business model is not just manufacturer to consumer, I'm manufacturing FOR the consumer. It's for YOU by YOU.

What does that mean? We're mass producing custom ammunition for YOU by your order.

When you place an order with me, we take down your information, create a profile and design a load specifically for you and your firearm. Once that's done, I send you some test ammo and we go from there. Or if you just want the factory round, we'll send you the factory round.

Order quantities will be in 50/100/250/500/1000. 5% discount at 500, 10% at 1000.

The website is a work in progress and WILL be finished tomorrow. www.Smith-Tactical.com

Pricing is relatively remaining the same - There are a FEW changes. NEW 5.56 is going to fluctuate between $0.85-$0.95c/rd and NEW 7.62 is going to be between $1.00 and $1.10. NEW 300 BLK will remain relatively the same. Re-manufactured product pricing will be lower.

As always, I'm here for any questions/comments/deliberation.

Thank you everyone!

I'll definitely have to look you up when I'm getting my next batch of stuff.
Can you do the solid copper 5.56 and 7.62 similar to the Fort Scott stuff?

Best of luck to you! Launching a business is tough enough without legal hurtles. Saved your site for the next time I need to buy some match Ammo.

Testers, having a few issues getting the list of everyone back together.

I'll have an email going out by Friday that will detail how we're moving forward.

I've been able to put a couple thousand rounds down range and I'm really, very satisfied where the ammunition is so, this is more of a testing/review stage more than anything.

Thanks guys!

Reactions: b6graham
Hey guys, been down with the Flu and thanksgiving...Then that virus. Been fun.

Sending out emails to testers asap. Sending samples, asap.

Let's get this rolling.

Just an update - As some of you may have noticed on the website, I released some firearms as a method of boosting capital to push ammunition.

It worked tremendously, in fact, it's worked a little too well.

Due to how FAET works and is structured, we're going to start manufacturing/shipping ammo to testers on Jan 1, 2020.

We're manufacturing precision AR's, a variation on the Glock 17/19/21/34/43 etc, we're also manufacturing CT/NY Legal Others.

Our ammunition, of course, is precision manufactured, high quality and custom tailored to you; the customer.

I'll be putting out more information after the holiday, including a PDF detailing our release and some velocities.

Thank you again everyone - I apologize for the continued delay - Taxes suck.

Okay, let's try this again.

CO is now officially in hand, Excise has begun and ammunition production has started.

I'll be reaching out to testers over the next week/days - Each tester will be receiving 20 rounds of the caliber requested.

Shoot it, rate it, report - Transparency is a thing so, if it shoots like shit, let me know.

Then we'll do a round 2 and hone it in slightly more.

After that, we'll have a finished product, that's GTG.

----

Website is a moving target, it will get updated more and more as the week progresses.

6.5cm is coming very soon.
30-06 is coming very soon.
Frangible is coming very soon.
Defensive rounds are undergoing trials. Once I can get the gel tests going and some results, I'll publish those and then that will be available.
Let's make 2020 the year for custom ammunition.

Last edited: