• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm.

bkglock

Field Marshal
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2002
USA
I'm thinking about buying the full size 9mm. I already have an M&P .40 compact and like it a great deal.

Looking for comments from anyone who already has one, or has info. they wish to share.

Thank you.

Re: Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm.

Please scroll down, we just discussed this two days ago.

It would appear that the thread you are referencing is about concealed carry pros and cons of compact and full size. I am looking for comments on how the gun shoots, handles etc.

I can't comment on the full size M&P 9, but I own and carry a full size M&P 40. The gun shoot's great. The only problem I have with it is the trigger reset and takeup is shorter and the trigger pull is much smoother than the Glock's I've been trying to use for the last five years. Still not a 1911 or Hi-Power though.

P.S. Keep the slide away from car wash soap. I've carried it a year on duty, and gotten it soaked numerous times in the rain and it never rusted once from all that. Got some soap on it while washing my patrol car and forgot to wipe it off and the next morning there was a speck of rust where the soap was.

I have them both in full size and I like both very much. I usually carry the .40 but they are the same size so the concealment issue for me is moot. I understand you have a .40 compact so there would be some change for you.

Never had a jam from either. The only negative I have with the 9mm is the brass ejects in a semi-random direction. It usually ejects to the right and slightly behind but I frequently have the brass hit me on top of the head or on the shoulder. This happens when my wife shoots it as well. I am sure there is some minor fix that would correct this but I have not taken the time to investigate it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bkglock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It would appear that the thread you are referencing is about concealed carry pros and cons of compact and full size. I am looking for comments on how the gun shoots, handles etc. </div></div>

Ahh. In that sense, it is as close to a 1911 as you can get in a plastic pistol, and I absolutely love mine!

Excellent answers, thank you. I am going to get one.

I did go and buy one, picked it up last week. I've taken it to the range twice. I like it. I have shot some 115 gr. FMJ Remmington, and Winchester and CCI Blazer. It shot the Rem. and Win. real well, the Blazer was a bit less consistant. So far, so good.

I've got both the 5" pro version and the compact (wife's gun). The long slide version feeds everything, but the compact is picky and will not work 100% if it's dirty (especially the feed ramps) and with certain types of hollow points. Even had S&W send me a new recoil spring and polished the feed ramp and didn't make any difference. Ended up using Corbon Powerball for carry ammo and no problems.

I purchased the Spec Ops model and put an AAC suppressor on it. Very nice combo. Its sure as hell a smooth running pistol and accurate!

All you could want to know about the M&P9 Nutnfancy rules
grin.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mdnOQH2rrA&feature=fvsr