• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Smithing Screwdrivers?

pickpick

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2008
Jonesboro,Ar.
I see all the brands of "gunsmithing" screwdrivers in Brownells and such but was curious as to what brand screwdrivers whether 1 pc or bit style the pros are using. I'm needing a set bad and figured buy once. Thanks for any info.

I'm a big fan of Bonanza's Great quality and regrindable. I drill holes thru the handles so I can use a cheater. Never cared for bits.

Been using the Brownell's Magna-Tip screwdrivers for years with no problems. Expensive but worth it.

I have several sets of Chapman screwdrivers along with the big Brownells set. Unless you are going to be doing a lot of gunwork, the Chapman kits are great. If you go that route, they have several sets w/ different bits. I have one set that along with the torque bits I bought separately would handle 90% of what gunwork I do.