• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SMKs in FL?

SN13

Impatient
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2009
West Palm Beach, FL
Anyone know of a place that stocks Sierra Match Kings in various Caliblers (.270) to be specific in Florida?

Bradenton/Sarasota area?

Fort Lauderdale?

I need some ASAP!

Thanks!

Re: SMKs in FL?

Arizona Guns & Knives on 441/St.Rd 7, 1/2 mile south of Commercial? They do Bergers, SMKs and some others, but I can't speak to the 270 cals. Call them.

Chris

chris, just did, no .277 only other, crappier calibers
smile.gif

Well, actually i only asked about the bergers. /sigh maybe I'll go by and see what they have . . .

Call Mr. Sunshine at Harbor Reloading in Clearwater. I was in there today. He had plenty of .308 SMKs (various weights).

Actually his name is Bob but he is a pretty crabby dude!

He's open till 6:00 pm.

(727) 446-7233

He aint cheap!

Re: Mr Sunshine

Quee,

you're not kidding about his prices. He is really proud of his stuff, but when in a bind, he's the only person with the goods.
Grumpy... Ha!

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SN13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thnx queequeg.

btw, where do you shoot in Hillsborough? </div></div>

I usually shoot at the Pinellas range known as the Wyoming Antelope Club.

Aren't really any good outdoor public ranges in Hillsborough County. Manatee County has an excellent 1000 yard range, though it's a bit of a cruise and I've only been there once. There is also a good range in Hernando County that goes out to 200 yards.

As to Harbor reloading,

He's got to be making good money despite his constant grumbling. He had to move last year as his landlord found a tenant who wanted the whole building of which he (Bob) rented only a portion. So he moved into new digs, basically down the street and it took him a while to get settled in.

He was especially glum after the move! Anyway, he usually has the good stuff in stock, though yesterday he was out of Varget, RL-15 and any larger rifle primers.

I tell myself I'm saving on shipping...

That, and you're keeping a local supplier in business.

The degree of convenience one can obtain from being able to speak on the phone with a known face and reputation, and come on in to pick up items on short notice is another issue that justifies paying a premium.

If my local guy folded, it would be a serious blow.

Greg

I shoot at the Manatee Gun Range. It is a super nice place.... Rapid fire on the pistol/shotgun area and short rifle area....

AND i can stretch the legs of my guns out to 575 or 1000.

It's a sweet place. Only $5/trip if you're a member...
smile.gif

QueeQueg....

He has one box of 135gr SMK .277

But he's not open on Sat and i'm in fort lauderdale until tonight!!!! /sigh just my luck

If anyone lives close and wants to help me out, i'd be greatly appreciative, give me a PM!

SN13,

Working on it.

Greg,

That's about how I look at it. There is an outfit in Pinellas Park, Fl, that sometimes stocks reloading supplies and sometimes does not. Depends on how pissed off the owner is at his wholesaler! I stopped looking there a few years ago unles I was in the neighborhood. As it was hit or miss on reloading stuff and his firearm and ammo prices are heart stopping, I don't get there too often.

Can't imagine it has gotten better in the last 6 months!

Good Friday mates!