• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Smoked some swine this evening

Scotty22

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2009
Katy, Texas USA
Went out this evening with the new stick. Saw alot of game no bucks but I did get these 2 porkers.

2d6tm9.jpg

2zs76v4.jpg

1zp3bqq.jpg

Re: Smoked some swine this evening

dammit...i thought this was gonna be a pic of the finished product :\

I eat them if I am low on pork meat but if my freezer is full I leave them for the birds. The property here is over run with them so it doesn't hurt. I have the loins marinating right now. Gonna stuff it with a combo of riccata cheese sautéed mushrooms and spinach. The brown it in the skillet all the way around then pop it in the oven to finish it off. Glazing it with a hot pepper rasberry glaze.

I will have to try to cook them that way. Thanks for the idea Scotty, nice pigs

A dead ferel hog is a good ferel hog.

If I shoot a sow under 100 pounds I'm gonna try that recipe for the loins myself.

No promises on the recipe it's just something that sounded good in my head so I thought I would give it a try. I soaked the loins over night in ice water to try and draw as much blood out as I could the drained it this morning. I seasoned it with a jaimacan jerk rub and marinated it with the hot pepper raspberry glaze and it's been in the fridge marinating ever since. I will stuff it with the cheese mushrooms and spinach last the pop it in the skillet to brown. Re-glaze it then put it in the oven to cook the rest of the way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scotty22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the loins marinating right now. Gonna stuff it with a combo of riccata cheese sautéed mushrooms and spinach. The brown it in the skillet all the way around then pop it in the oven to finish it off. Glazing it with a hot pepper rasberry glaze. </div></div>

It's about dinner time here and that just made me hungry. Sounds tasty.

excellent eating vermin, that sounds outstanding. cant have much more fun then thinning out the swine!

Nice pigs. Who did the spiral fluting on the barrel?

A guy by the name of Karl Kampfeld. The smith that built my gun shipped it to him to do the flutes. He had an awesome turn around of only 2 weeks. That is work and shipping together.

Oh Kampfeld Custom. I was on his website the other day looking at his bolt and barrel fluting, he does some really nice work. He's probably who I'll get to do all my fluting on any future precision builds. Who built the rifle and what are the specs on it?

That looks like a ton of fun, in a way I wish utah had some hogs but I guess we are also lucky not to have all the problems that come with them. I just got me a lang smoker about a year ago and would love to smoke one of them small suckers in there.

Just put 3 down this afternoon. Big ole sow, and two little ones. Took the straps off the sow and have the little ones soaking in the ice bath. Perfect roasting size. Mmm mm good.

Awesome I dropped a doe this evening and a big boar. Smoked the doe at about 250 yards with my 6-284 dropped her in her tracks.