• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Smokeless Muzzle Loaders - PVA Prefits

bohem

PVA's HMFIC
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2009
Southeast, PA
www.patriotvalleyarms.com
Hi Folks,

At the end of 2020 there was some interest in prefit, shouldered barrels for smokeless muzzle loaders. We took some deposits on a few barrels for doing a group buy to make those prefits with the notice that the blanks are a long lead item.

The blanks have been finished and I was sent an invoice notification this morning, they're shipping today/tomorrow. For the few folks that were on that deposit list we'll send out a direct notice to let them know the status.

This is more of a notification for anyone that was interested but didn't know if they wanted to wait on blanks to arrive.

Here's what we have available on blanks:

Uncontoured (so we will contour for a few shapes with the knowledge that all shanks must be at least 5" long and full diameter due to how the SML's work)
Lothar Walther ICR groove 416SS
Finish up to 26" long
1:16 twist
The SML barrels will be using the Arrowhead breechplug and ignition modules.

There are (13) blanks available in the 0.458/0.452 dimensions (standard rifle bullet size) and there are (14) available in 0.450/0.444 dimension which is pistol bullet size for things like 450 Bushmaster or smokeless muzzle loaders.

The attached picture is a 450 Bushmaster prefit that I sent to Aaron Hipp for a Nucleus action. This was his first day at the range and he was shooting factory ammo that was limited in quantity so there's no 5 shot groups or 5x5's

We can do a shouldered or barrel nut prefit in 450 Bushmaster for any of the actions on our website.

Bighorn/Zermatt
Nucleus
Impact
Falkor
Sako
Tikka
AI even

The twist rate is fast enough to handle subsonic loads up to 600 grain bullets and I've had excellent success shooting jacketed bullets at full power from a ML and 450BM without any trouble coming apart. The Hornady factory subsonic 395gr 450BM ammo shoots very well and it's dead quiet through my 45acp pistol suppressor. The 185gr XTP's I loaded into a 450BM do make a mess out of a groundhog though.

For those interested in getting into the bigbore punt-gun game please email us at [email protected]

Attachments

• prefit 450 BM barrel with factory ammo.jpg
    prefit 450 BM barrel with factory ammo.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Reactions: Average guy
Hi Folks,

At the end of 2020 there was some interest in prefit, shouldered barrels for smokeless muzzle loaders. We took some deposits on a few barrels for doing a group buy to make those prefits with the notice that the blanks are a long lead item.

The blanks have been finished and I was sent an invoice notification this morning, they're shipping today/tomorrow. For the few folks that were on that deposit list we'll send out a direct notice to let them know the status.

This is more of a notification for anyone that was interested but didn't know if they wanted to wait on blanks to arrive.

Here's what we have available on blanks:

Uncontoured (so we will contour for a few shapes with the knowledge that all shanks must be at least 5" long and full diameter due to how the SML's work)
Lothar Walther ICR groove 416SS
Finish up to 26" long
1:16 twist
The SML barrels will be using the Arrowhead breechplug and ignition modules.

There are (13) blanks available in the 0.458/0.452 dimensions (standard rifle bullet size) and there are (14) available in 0.450/0.444 dimension which is pistol bullet size for things like 450 Bushmaster or smokeless muzzle loaders.

The attached picture is a 450 Bushmaster prefit that I sent to Aaron Hipp for a Nucleus action. This was his first day at the range and he was shooting factory ammo that was limited in quantity so there's no 5 shot groups or 5x5's

We can do a shouldered or barrel nut prefit in 450 Bushmaster for any of the actions on our website.

Bighorn/Zermatt
Nucleus
Impact
Falkor
Sako
Tikka
AI even

The twist rate is fast enough to handle subsonic loads up to 600 grain bullets and I've had excellent success shooting jacketed bullets at full power from a ML and 450BM without any trouble coming apart. The Hornady factory subsonic 395gr 450BM ammo shoots very well and it's dead quiet through my 45acp pistol suppressor. The 185gr XTP's I loaded into a 450BM do make a mess out of a groundhog though.

For those interested in getting into the bigbore punt-gun game please email us at [email protected]
Still have any 450bm blanks available?