• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Snake in the grass

ARP

Predators NightMare
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2008
Greenwood, AR
I am in the process of squirting some paint onto an AR10 for a hide member. A little timber rattler look
smile.gif

Hope you like it MegaCab ...

Re: Snake in the grass

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARPredatorHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope you like it</div></div>

Like it?
LIKE it?
It's fucking WICKED!!

Jack

Thanks for the Iwata airbrush Bruce. That was quite generous of you and I will be putting it to good use for a long time to come.

Great Job. I've been looking for ways to paint one of my rifles and really like that "snake" pattern.

Did you use netting for the stencil?

No I did not use any netting, and netting would be quite difficult to use on an AR15 type of rifle and get a very nice job out of it with a pattern such as this.

ARP thank you for the information.

what happens in the Spring when the grass turns green?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what happens in the Spring when the grass turns green?</div></div>

You can drink LOTS of beer with your buddies and pee on the grass until it turns yellow..

You can rub Madonna's coochie on it once, it may turn different colors, then brown or yellow..

You can paint the grass...

Or you can just hope no one mistakes your rifle for a rattlesnake and shoots you...cause snakeshot stings...

The coloration doesn't seem to affect a timber rattlesnake very much in the spring and summer. Even though this is actually pretty darn good camo in the field, some folks also like to just have a kewl looking rifle too. With this you get both, a kewl looking rifle plus one that has effective camo too. I like it myself, but it is a ton of work and many hours getting it done.

So painting something like that AR. What does that cost on average for that particular rifle? It's a nice job by the way...As far as price, I don't expect you to give me a fixed price since every situation is different but it would be cool to know a general ballpark on that rig...Thanks..SmokeRolls

The sidewinders won't see you coming.
Great paint job.How many hours to complete the job

Paint isnt always about being the best camo. Everyone has different ideas about what they want their gun to be.
I dig it.

A bolt rifle is easier to paint so it would be less expensive and a pattern as time consuming and complicated as this one would cost a feller around $350 for a rifle, scope, bipod and a couple of mags. An AR15 style rifle would be a bit higher than the bolt gun for the same stuff. Most any of the simpler camo patterns I do for around $250. Not including any shipping either way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So painting something like that AR. What does that cost on average for that particular rifle? It's a nice job by the way...As far as price, I don't expect you to give me a fixed price since every situation is different but it would be cool to know a general ballpark on that rig...Thanks..SmokeRolls</div></div>

I have roughly 20 hours of work into it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: arsh1055</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The sidewinders won't see you coming.
Great paint job.How many hours to complete the job
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what happens in the Spring when the grass turns green? </div></div>

It grows, then needs to get mowed.
What happens to rattlesnakes in the Spring when the grass turns green?

I'm sure that was just an amusing little jest along the lines of what you usually throw out there. I WAS going to have him paint it hot pink, but I like being original and I heard the pink AR theme was already taken...

Added a bit more to this work in progress. New pic up top.

MegaCab, I posted a pic of the rifle ready to head back to your place tomorrow. Thought I would show the pic of it as it is packed and in final configuration. Hope you enjoy it. Shoots well and I worked over the trigger a bit for you to make it smoother.

Jealous.... Amazing job you have a lot of talent bro.

Work of Art. It's so well done that for a moment there, I almost mistook your finish for the non slip texture tape grip around my scope eye piece that has a similar pattern.