• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Snapped a quick pic before work

Jthoss0837

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2010
Greenville, South Carolina
I received my rifle back from the gunsmith. Pillar bedded the stock, free floated the barrel, and gave me a slick trigger job. Probably upgrading to a B&C medalist style stock soon enough

nothing major, but its my little build :p

Re: Snapped a quick pic before work

hey i was just wondering what type of bolt u had in that rifle

How did the work help accuracy? Lookin good though.

But, if you are going to go to a difrent stock, why all the money into the tupperware stock?

Just askin.

That looks like a ginormous bolt handle....what is it?

Bolt handle is the screw on Bolt lift by KRG. at 30 bucks i could care less what it looks like but it is great, made by the guy who designed the massoud rifle IIRC. Hard as rock plastic and so far is great..
Also,the trigger work was the main reason the gun was in the shop.
He didnt charge me much if at all to try and save the cardboard stock

Havent had a chance to head out to the range yet.
Will post pics when i do

+ 1

Ditch the stock when you can afford a solid one. My varmit came in the black stock like yours, I like the stock look but it is just to flimsy for me.

Good luck, say what did you have the trigger set to? anything else done to the trigger?

i actually like the sps-v stock it felt great in my hands when i owned it what i did to improve upon it was pillars and glass bed but the forend still was flimsy sot i got some 3/16" aluminum rods and dremmeled out lengthwise reliefs and epoxied them in from that point on it was a great rifle

I have the same setup and I love the bolt handle by KRG. It is definayley worth checking out!

nice gearshift. i meant bolt knob, lol. and they laughed at savage for the big ball. nice rifle though

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vereceleritas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What scope is that? </div></div>

Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50mm

Heading to the range today!!

I had my SPS Varmint free floated and bedded. It shoots sub .5 MOA consistently. I almost don't want to upgrade because it is shooting so well.