• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper country px package deal

azhank

Private
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
What is everyone's thoughts on the following Sniper country px package?

# Remmington 700 .308 5R
# NightforceNXSS2250 5.5-22x50 Mildot
# Leupold Mark 4 Tactical Rings
# Tapered M1913 Mil-Std Rail base
# Harris Engineering S-series Bipod
# OTIS 308-5 Sniper Rifle Cleaning System for 7.62mm
# Dewey Cleaning Rod & Jag
# Dewey Professional Brass Jag
# Sinclair Bore Guide
# 65 inch pound T-wrench
# STORM IM3300 Case w/Wheels
# Mil-Dot Master
# USTS Sniper Data book
# Data book Cover

all for ~$3500

I would upgrade the trigger and stock when the funds allow, but this looks pretty tempting.

thoughts?

Re: Sniper country px package deal

It's tough to choose between this set up or an entry level GAP or Surgeon rifle only. Got to start somewhere I guess
mad.gif

used 5R on the Hide=$1000
used NF on the Hide=$1200-1400
Seekins base and rings=$200
Harris bipod on the Hide=$100

I wouldn't do it. But to each his own. Being a 308 barrel life is a near eternity so no frets over getting one used

nothing a guy couldn't do himself and then you could choose your own cleaning kit, rings or whatever.......its not a screamin deal IMHO but for guy who doesn't like to shop might not be bad.

Derek

I don't see that as being a particularly good deal at $3500, but it would save you some time and energy in tracking down everything on your own and putting the package together. Not to mention that you have already said you don't want the stock and trigger that is included. I think you'd be better off buying/building exactly what you want than settling on this package just because it is quick and easy.

Look around the EE or get in line for a GAP custom build. Hell, you could probably get a Crusader in standard config within less than 6 weeks or so.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">used 5R on the Hide=$1000
used NF on the Hide=$1200-1400
Seekins base and rings=$200
Harris bipod on the Hide=$100

I wouldn't do it. But to each his own. Being a 308 barrel life is a near eternity so no frets over getting one used </div></div>
I own a 5R and I love it, but there is no reason to spend that kind of money for stock rifle with a bunch of goodies that you may or may not want.
I would recommend buying the 5R, dropping a new trigger in, getting a "tacticool" bolt knob installed, 20 MOA base then the scope and rings of your choice.
The rifle is a shooter without getting a Smith involved. There are a few people here on the Hide that do bolt knob installs.
Good luck and enjoy.
SScott
Remington5Rtgt.jpg

I would take that gunbroker deal if I didn't have a GAP already. I agree though that is a better value and essentially you won't have to buy twice. If you get the 5R you will probably want to upgrade to either a GAP or other precision build, hence the double payment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MN sharpshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a better deal i found in less than a minute of searching. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=156825519
My 2cents is that its not really a deal at all your actually probably spending at least a few hundred dollars more than you would need 2 for the setup they are offering. </div></div>

+1 on that deal - you should grab that one quickly as you can. Change the scope later when you get more money.