• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper Hose

Alpine 338

Lumberjack
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2010
NW Colorado
Today I go to type in Snipers Hide, only for the phone to do its typical spell check routine of changing words that are already spelled correctly.

My phone changed it to Snipers Hose, and down the rabbit hole we go.

Basically in German Snipers Hose refers to combat pants, and in flecktarn camo pattern of course.

So got to thinking 🤔, let's do a Google search for Flecktarn Lederhosen to see if such a thing exist, and this is the closest thing I could find.

I think any well respected Hide members should be sporting a pair of these. And of course @TheGerman should post pictures of him wearing them.

And by chance, If you're Scottish, then by all means go with these...

And if you think you're not worthy of wearing Lederhosen, then drinking a few of these will change your mind.

IMG_20211223_131333515_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Today I go to type in Snipers Hide, only for the phone to do its typical spell check routine of changing words that are already spelled correctly.

My phone changed it to Snipers Hose, and down the rabbit hole we go.

Basically in German Snipers Hose refers to combat pants, and in flecktarn camo pattern of course.

So got to thinking 🤔, let's do a Google search for Flecktarn Lederhosen to see if such a thing exist, and this is the closest thing I could find.

I think any well respected Hide members should be sporting a pair of these. And of course @TheGerman should post pictures of him wearing them.

And by chance, If you're Scottish, then by all means go with these...

And if you think you're not worthy of wearing Lederhosen, then drinking a few of these will change your mind.

View attachment 8031964
Actually, that works for me. My maternal grandfather was from Germany.

Both sides of my wife's family immigrated from Germany in 1850. Lederhosen all around.

"Du, du lebst mir im Herzen
Du, du lebst mir im Sinn
Du, du macht mir viel Schmertzen
Wei nicht wie gut is dir bin.

Ja, ja, ja, ja...."

A german drinking song I learned from my German teacher (2 years in high school. I would have taken a 3rd year in German lit but she had a medical thing and no one else was up to speed. So, I took a year of Latin to stay busy.)

Last edited:
Hahaha, the things we learn these days while we take a shit...

..."thanks smart phone!"