• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Sniper movie , what weapon?

Tactical30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Eastern Ohio
On the movie "Sniper" with Tom Berringer what rifle is his <span style="text-decoration: underline">second</span> spotter carrying. It looks like a FAL. I know its semi-auto not bolt action cuz in the part of the movie were he just unloads on his own shadow, no bolt action. I know its just a movie from the 90's but you would think of having some quality moviemade rifles. It looks like Tom B. has some sort of Rem. 700 type. I was just wondering cuz the movie was on when I was flipping thru the channels today and was like what the hell kind of weapon does he got?

Re: Sniper movie , what weapon?

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">I thought it was a H&K PSG-1? i may be wrong, anyone?</span> Cancel my last, it "is not an H&K PSG-1, an expensive precision semi-automatic rifle commonly used by special forces snipers. It is an H&K SR-9 TC , a similar but cheaper version of the PSG-1 that was designed for civilian sales"

Hope that helps fella

Fair one, we don't get either sort over here! My mate's a movie/gun buff though, he was looking over my shoulder at the hide, so to shut him up "i know that, i love that movie it's a..." i let him have his say, good day guys.
smile.gif

Re: Sniper movie , what weapon? (Barrel / scope)

Its actually an HK SR9T. The MSG-90 barrel is not a G3 barrel, its basically a light profile PSG-1 barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dennis_in_VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are ALL wrong!!!!

It was a BASSOON....

That's what he said was in the case.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

hahaha, yes he did!! I like this answer!
smile.gif