• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

sniper stocks???

skeetlee

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Central Illinois
I am watching a program on the Military channel about snipers. It seems that the majority of the snipers are using an HS police type rifle stock on there rem 700. The others are using an AR platform. What kind of set ups our the boys across the pond really using? Do the military snipers even use the high dollar AICS and Mcmillan A4 and 5's? Lee

Re: sniper stocks???

The military channel must be having a marathon on tonight. Now this is good tv. they are having a sniper comp. I am now seeing Mcmillan A4 and a couple asic stocks. turn it on if you get it!! Lee

Yep, been watching it too. I've seen it several times over the last three weeks. Find it interesting that SWAT won the aerial shooting comp. section.

That little birds nest idea in the scope is pretty clever, I would gave never thought of that one.

I like the Ashbury 338 in the Sabre-Frost (sp?) stock.

That is a sweet platform.

I wish I had as much ammo and trigger time as those boys...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skeetlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of set ups our the boys across the pond really using? Do the military snipers even use the high dollar AICS and Mcmillan A4 and 5's? Lee </div></div>

The last time I checked the Royal Marines were using the AI AW. That was a couple of years ago. I don't know if they are still using it.

There are lots of countries/groups represented there. Not just our military. Throughout the world, people use lots of different platforms. AI is very popular globally. I don't think that many are actually AICS's but a lot are AI weapons systems.

I actually was a little surprised to see as many AR platforms.

Like the man said on Sniper School... "ARs are repeatable, often just as accurate, and every shot you don't need to take your eye away from the scope means another shot you can place quickly on target."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SavageStag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That little birds nest idea in the scope is pretty clever, I would gave never thought of that one. </div></div>

What was that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red_SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SavageStag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That little birds nest idea in the scope is pretty clever, I would gave never thought of that one. </div></div>

What was that? </div></div>

One of the shooters jamed some grass in the objective bell of his optic to function as an ARD.