• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Sniper: The White Raven

Yoteski

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Rented this movie tonight on a whim. Figured what the hell, I'll give it a whirl. Extremely impressed by the movie. It's obviously a Ukrainian propaganda piece, but it's well worth the $. Far better than any liberal drivel that's being produced stateside. It's a little campy and only in subtitles. I'm sure the snipery tactics aren't perfect. What really impressed me is it appeared to be mostly accurate equipment and weaponry. Had plenty of SVD's, Rem 700s, spotted a Savage even; feel bad for that poor sap, lol. Rifles were topped with whatever rusky rifles are topped with (POSP?), Nightforces, Tangent Thetas, and a few others which I didn't recognize. It seemed like most of the camera work through the optics were actually through the optics; no goofy 500x zoom ratio and real reticles.

Overall I really enjoyed the movie. I'm sure the guys who've been there and done that could pick it apart, but for a regular run of the mill fat American like me, I was impressed. Cinematography was shot really well also. Storyline is easy and typical, so don't get ready for your mind to be blown. I just really liked the simplicity of it honestly. Suppressors were utilized as they should be. Cartridges and ballistics were addressed. Bipods and tripods were utilized. Just a really neat movie. There didn't really appear to be any CGI beyond blood spatter, which was refreshing. The shots all seemed realistic also and I believe they dialed each shot for the most part.

If you're after the BAM, BOOM, SMASH, CGI EVERYTHING, you'll be disappointed. My wife fell asleep, so, obviously not super enthralling, lol. I'd rate it a 8.5/10. I can't think of another movie in this genre, or any gun related genre that has been as accurate. Not perfect, but very good.

Watching now ... cool movie
PXL_20221012_001317648.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20221012_001312542.jpg
    PXL_20221012_001312542.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 154
  • PXL_20221012_001227625.jpg
    PXL_20221012_001227625.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 100
  • PXL_20221012_001223404.jpg
    PXL_20221012_001223404.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 107
  • PXL_20221012_001217058.jpg
    PXL_20221012_001217058.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: Yoteski
Never heard of it before; bought it vs. renting since it was only a couple bucks extra. Good movie.

Very well filmed and edited, I’d go so far as to say it was beautifully filmed. Whoever the cinematographer was should be very proud of their work. Good story line and character development for a relatively short film (a little under two hours), and it had enough action to keep it interesting without being an over the top ‘bang, bang, shoot ‘em up” type movie.

And yeah, obvious propaganda piece, but worth watching IMHO.

Reactions: Yoteski and crispy
Great movie and nice review. Knowing about the Russian invasion of Crimea it actually undersold their thuggish savagery and oversold their overall competence. However, that aside, loved the character transition.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
H.L. Mencken,

I watched this w my gf and I was so excited at the optics and reticles in the movie.

I was like "FINALLYYY they are using the correct reticles in a sniper movie. Hey babe, that is a Tangent Theta, that's like a $5,500 scope." Shes like "If you buy that beofe my ring you're deep sh*t" lol

Its been 10yrs, I think she's bluffing

I watched this w my gf and I was so excited at the optics and reticles in the movie.

I was like "FINALLYYY they are using the correct reticles in a sniper movie. Hey babe, that is a Tangent Theta, that's like a $5,500 scope." Shes like "If you buy that beofe my ring you're deep sh*t" lol

Its been 10yrs, I think she's bluffing
10 years… I think she knows you’re bluffing!!