• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SniperCraft Sniper week shoots info wanted

Re: SniperCraft Sniper week shoots info wanted

Hi John, do you plan on going again this year? I am planning teaming up with the same guy as last year, and doing a lot better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Been there.

Why not ask them in the open thread so that others can learn too. Not a whole lot done there would be an OPSEC issue. </div></div>

Having a hard time getting someone to go with me. Our team is trying to get the go-ahead for the conference, but no one wants to stay for the shoot. I'm considering paying my own way just to go to the shoot. I have no idea what to expect as far as COF is concerned (I know it's not discussed ahead of time perhaps for good reason). Things like max range for shots, ammo requirements, gear requirements, etc, just some ideas of what takes place at these types of events.

When you have <span style="font-weight: bold">NEVER</span> been to something like this it can be intimidating... thus getting a partner has not been easy.

Personally, I could care less how bad I do or look as it will tell me right away <span style="font-weight: bold">WHAT</span> I need to do to improve. OK... yes, I do care... that's why I want to go. You have to start somewhere to learn... I want to attend and LEARN from those with experience. While I'm sure I will be humbled, it should prove to be fun as well as educational.

went a couple of years back. Good training geared toward law enforcement. All stages are based on LE sniper incidents. When i was there the longest shots were at 100 yds and the closest was 15 I think. All are pretty challenging with lots of physical activity. You will enjoy it. If you can't find a partner, they will pair you with someone but some of the stages are team oriented and it would help to train together beforehand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: predator308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">went a couple of years back. Good training geared toward law enforcement. All stages are based on LE sniper incidents. <span style="color: #FF0000">When i was there the longest shots were at 100 yds and the closest was 15 I think.</span> All are pretty challenging with lots of physical activity. You will enjoy it. If you can't find a partner, they will pair you with someone but some of the stages are team oriented and it would help to train together beforehand. </div></div>

Thanks... this is some of what I wondered about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alxpwl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi John, do you plan on going again this year? I am planning teaming up with the same guy as last year, and doing a lot better. </div></div>

I don't know if I will be attending yet. The department won't pay for it, so like last year I will be sponsoring myself if I wish to go. I just don't know if the budget will be there.

Link and dates?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Link and dates? </div></div>

Sniper Week

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bowhntr6pt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Having a hard time getting someone to go with me. Our team is trying to get the go-ahead for the conference, but no one wants to stay for the shoot.</div></div>

Sad, but normal. I have a hard time getting our guys to go to competitions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm considering paying my own way just to go to the shoot.</div></div>

That is a viable option. If you register as a single they will pair you up with someone before the Challenge. That is what I did last year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no idea what to expect as far as COF is concerned (I know it's not discussed ahead of time perhaps for good reason). Things like max range for shots, ammo requirements, gear requirements, etc, just some ideas of what takes place at these types of events.</div></div>

Bring everything you would carry on a live callout. Expect the unexpected and make sure you are comfortable taking a precision shot when your heart is racing and you are out of breath. Derrick likes to wear you out. Every stage except "Hunter Killer" had a physical component. "Hunter Killer" is a bitch and there is no way to prepare for it. You just have to roll with it and hope for the best.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally, I could care less how bad I do or look as it will tell me right away <span style="font-weight: bold">WHAT</span> I need to do to improve. OK... yes, I do care... that's why I want to go. You have to start somewhere to learn... I want to attend and LEARN from those with experience. While I'm sure I will be humbled, it should prove to be fun as well as educational.</div></div>

The Sniperweek Challenge is unique in that it is specifically geared to test what a LE Sniper should be able to accomplish. The targets are extremely precise, the time limits are realistic and the physical requirements will jack you up if you are a soup sandwich. It's not easy, but it's doable for the basic police marksman.

You don't need fancy equipment, in fact it really wouldn't help you much anyway. Competition rifles and equipment are not allowed. 6.5's or 7mm wouldn't be any advantage even if they were allowed.

What you should do is make sure you have short range data for your rifle. Know what your mechanical offset it. Know what it is when you tilt your rifle 90* left and right. Make sure you can shoot with a gas mask on. They didn't do it last year, but they have before.

Derrick switches up the stages from year to year, so even returning shooters won't know exactly what to expect.

What he said. You won't have to shoot tight groups but will have to shoot very small target areas while breathing hard. You will have the gear you carry on you throughout the competition. Not pack, but vest/gunbelt/etc..
And gasmasks were in play when I was there. You did jumping jacks in the mask while your partner shot, then switched for a 10 shot string. Fun!

I plan on trying to attend the competition portion of Sniper Week and I'm also going to be going alone. I shot the sniper individual event at the swat roundup this year, been looking forward to Sniper Week. PM me or send an email, I'm also from central FL. [email protected]

Kevin

I have been to SniperCraft for the past 6 years. There are four of us on my sniper team that go and we love it. My partner and I have not won yet but we are sure as hell gonna try again this year.