• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Snipers Challenge Taylorsville GA

Fro1911nut

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2006
Hurricane,WV
April 3rd... Creekside Firing Range Taylorsville GA
Creeksidefiringrange.com

Check in 9:00 a.m.

Briefing 9:30 a.m.

First Shot 10:00 a.m.

This Sniper Challenge will be a one day event.

The challenge is set up to test your skills with a rifle while shooting at various targets at unknown distances. No one will know the course of fire until that morning. Shots will be fired from 100 yards to 600 yards. You will be required to shoot different positions and also move from one station to the next. That’s about all you need to know. Sorry, but this is a challenge and that’s all the info your going to get.

WHAT YOU TAKE YOUR FIRST SHOT WITH IS WHAT YOU WILL TAKE ALL YOUR SHOTS WITH ( THIS INCLUDEs GEAR, WEAPON, AMMO, SPOTTING SCOPE, AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU NEED).

There will be no range finders allowed and no wind meters.

You can work as a team, if both team members are shooting then you will run it twice. No spotter will spot for more than one shooter.

This event is going to test your skills. You will shoot from various positions and various obstacles. You will be pushed to test your ability as a sniper. Be prepared to shoot in any environment and at any type of target. There will be sub moa targets and no target will be greater than 4 moa. Be prepared to shoot at targets that are not stationary also.

Any questions please feel free to contact Joe. Joe Harris 770-634-2144

Re: Snipers Challenge Taylorsville GA

This is a great match! The range is just NW of Atlanta, if you're a reasonable driving distance away, this is a match worth coming to.

I'll be there
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nuttshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats the entry fee this time? </div></div>

I think its only 20, might be 30 but Ill find out for sure.

I dont know what there are for prizes, might not be much.

We have had some real nice sponsors in the past with donations of prizes.

The list includes but is not limited to

AZ Precision
Storm Tactical
TAPCO
NightForce
AAC

And I agree its a good way to get some training and trigger time on the cheap. Lots of guys can lay on a range and shoot small tight groups, but get their heart rate up and add in different positions other than prone and groups open up and targets get missed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nuttshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't go for the prizes go for the training. I have shot one and it was fun. </div></div>

Yall SC boys just come on back down..we will find yall a better hotel this time lol

I've stayed at the Econo Lodge in Rockmart the last two matches I've been to up there. Would stay again. Its about a 15-20 minute drive to Joe's range from there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild Bill C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmmm... just might be in the neighborhood! Need to confirm my travel plans, but if it fits I'll be there! </div></div>

As a fellow Hillbilly from Putnam County we like to have ya drop by

is this challenge open to the public? im going to the range this weekend to test out new rifle combo. maybe things will workout so i can be there. this will be my first shoot so are beginners welcome?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sps remytactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is this challenge open to the public? im going to the range this weekend to test out new rifle combo. maybe things will workout so i can be there. this will be my first shoot so are beginners welcome? </div></div>

Yes and Yes. Outsy shoots almost every match, and its always like a beginner with him
smile.gif

sps, I PROMISE you that you will get hits if you come out, beginner or not.

Match director will help you out if need be. He is a good guy and knows his shit.

And dont listen to Poison ... its not like he has ever made one of the matches ...... he has more excuses than a 2 dollar hooker has clients. Hell one excuse he used was "he had a bone in his leg", no shit I got a bone in my leg too.

lol that is some funny shit. im gonna try and make it. just depends on work mainly.

Confirmed entry fee?
Round count?
MAX largest caliber restriction?
Muzzle break?
Can I catch some Z's in my hammock on the property and leave early the next am?
Thanks.

Confirmed entry fee? $20-$30
Round count? 60-70 rounds and u should have enough
MAX largest caliber restriction? Max is 300win
Muzzle break? Damn they are loud, but yes
Can I catch some Z's in my hammock on the property and leave early the next am? U will have to talk with the range owner (Joe Harris) about this...

If u post on AR15.com we will have a thread on this before long in the GA Hometown section..U can ask Joe in that thread about staying over

Why wait link to thread on Hometown section LINK

Fro

Fro- I posed the question on the link you sent. I don't get over there much anymore- care to lemme know here if he responds?

OUT, thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TresMon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Fro- I posed the question on the link you sent. I don't get over there much anymore- care to lemme know here if he responds?

OUT, thanks! </div></div>

"Yes you are welcome to camp at the range"
From the man himself

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sps remytactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do i have to have a spotter? </div></div>

U dont have to, but I highly recomend one. If u dont have someone u can bring dont worry, we normaly have a few show up who need one themselves

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sps remytactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do i have to have a spotter? </div></div>

You can have my spotter ........ but I will warn you ................. he IS just like a beginner.

hell a beginner is better than nothing. i would bring my future wife but she cant even find the target in my spotting scope lol. maybe she wont read this. i might get in the dog house.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sps remytactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do i have to have a spotter? </div></div>

You can have my spotter ........ but I will warn you ................. he IS just like a beginner.

</div></div>

Better watch it...or your gona hear your high ALOT!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL trust me .... you dont want my spotter ...... Hell sometimes I dont want him. </div></div>

Do i need to bring up someone spotting targets in the wrong pit?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fro1911nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL trust me .... you dont want my spotter ...... Hell sometimes I dont want him. </div></div>

Do i need to bring up someone spotting targets in the wrong pit? </div></div>

I was spotting the right targets, you were just shooting at the wrong ones.

hahahahaha she will do fine im sure. if she doesnt go with me i will bring my other buddy. he wants to shoot also so we might shoot it twice.

Would really like to see alot of new faces at this match. I figured my first post on here needs to be about the Sniper Challenge. If you have any questions about the match don't hesistate to contact me.

FRO & OUTSYD,

Now that is some funny crap! I'm dying here.

Fro- thanks for the relay on the campin info.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TresMon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
FRO & OUTSYD,

Fro- thanks for the relay on the campin info. </div></div>

If you havent figured it out yet ...... Fro and I are partners for the match and have been for a while now.

Wait till we start calling targets in unison again ...... people in the range shack knew what targets we were shooting at.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sps remytactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hahahahaha she will do fine im sure. if she doesnt go with me i will bring my other buddy. he wants to shoot also so we might shoot it twice. </div></div>

Thats the best way to do it, have both the shooter and the spotter shoot it. That way you can shoot it one way, then if it didnt work out the way you thought the first time you can try something else for the other guy.

Fro and I shoot together, usually we will try different things on the first run and then say, well this or that worked or didnt work, lets try this on your turn to shoot. We work as a team pretty well and try to help each other out the most that we can. Sometimes our scores hurt because of it but its a commitment to trying to find what is going to make us better in the future.

FRO & OUTSYD,

Fro- thanks for the relay on the campin info.</div></div>

Somehow I put up with that focker lol He can actually shoot when he wants to...

Match last year we have targets in two different pits...I called out I was on the targets in the smaller pit..Outsy is spotting says he is on it...I fire first round and he calls back "Dont see it"
2nd shot...same shit
3rd shot...still hasnt seen a hit, impact, nothing...so I look at him and ask him what focking targets u looking at?! He is looking at the wrong focking targets!
Joe is behind us just laughing his ass off

Somedays go better then other lol

that shit is funny as hell. i wish i could have seen that. i would have laughed to. that sounds like something me and my buddy would do.

So which one of you is wearing the dress this time?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So which one of you is wearing the dress this time? </div></div>

That was sawgunner2001's partner Puddin ...... it sucks when you lose a bet and you KNOW its not your gear cause the 15yr old girl that was shooting the same rifle you were outshoots you with it too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sps remytactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that shit is funny as hell. i wish i could have seen that. i would have laughed to. that sounds like something me and my buddy would do. </div></div>

O it gets worse somedays...he can pick a stage apart and come up with some good ideas...he just dont always share them lol
If we wouldnt having fun we woudlnt do it
Wow I dont know how I ever hit anything with that lil scope

DSC00034.jpg

Man aint that the truth about having fun.

You know you put that pic of you and I thru the surveryors tape, but you didnt say anything about how you were fixing to get a horn up your ass if you didnt get the hell out of my way.

man you guys im sold on this event. i have to make it. im gonna take vacation if i have to from work to make it. that looks like some fun stuff.

OySYD- Horn up his arse? I'm just kinda weirded out you were horny behind him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sps remytactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey whats up with the crawling obstacle? </div></div>

We had to take a run thru the woods (20 yards), cross over a ladder flat on 2 cinder blocks on each end with an overhead rope to help with crossing it, then come out of the woods and off the ladder only to crawl thru the surveyors tape, THEN climb up into the back of the truck where both shooter and spotter had to be in the truck before the first shot could be taken.

If you broke the surveyors take with your gear or gun then you were penalized.

You didnt think that this match was just hug the ground and shoot did you ?

BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Joe the Owner...is evil when it comes to "getting" your heart rate up before you shoot.

that kind of stuff seems to make it more of a challenge and more fun. those are good things to use to immitate real life sniping. i mean by getting your heart rate up and have to calm down or control it to take a shot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TresMon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OySYD- Horn up his arse? I'm just kinda weirded out you were horny behind him.</div></div>

U!..u should of been the one infrot of him being told that...
We had to run threw the woods walk across a ladder held up on cinderblocks...it was wet so I didnt go busting ass across the ladder...Outsy was behind me..so I figured he was going across the ladder also...I hit the ground and start crawling, but I'm in no big hurry, thinking I'd be waiting on him when I hear "Hillbilly u are gona get a horn up your ass if u dont move!" I looked back and was like WTF did u come from?!! He bypassed the focking ladder...
We didnt break any tape...piled up in the back of the truck...got set up and I nail first target cold bore at 500...Since I shoot a can nobody had any trouble hearing that steel ring. Now I dont tend to hit a whole lot of what I shoot at...me and outsy just kind of look at each other kind of like wtf did that jsut happen...Look over at Joe and he is laughing his ass off again "Ya u hit it...now do it again"
I didnt hit shit after that lol