• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper's Hide as a fact source.

Janus4088

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2009
San Jose, CA
I just want to say thank you to everyone that has filled this site with good, quality knowledge. I cannot tell you how much I have learned just reading as much as I can here. And I was raised by an anti-gun family, I wasn't even allowed an airsoft gun in my teens, so I had a lot of catching up to do.

This is one of many gun-centric sites I visit regularly and it is by far the best in sheer user numbers and posted facts.

This is some of the crapola I, we, have to contend with on other gun based sites:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Man, he can just shim the factory stock, and then get a BSA 6-24X44 Tactical Rifle Scope with Big Wheel Focus Knob and Mil-Dot Reticle, that's all you need. You can shim the mounts to give you enough elevation. It's easy to do w/ a coke can that you've cut up.

My uncle taught me this, he was a Military sniper marksman.

I shoot 1760 yards with mine. Sub MOA groups. The military designed .223 to be super accurate, so I just use military .223.

Good enough for the Army Good Enough for me."</div></div>

This was a response to a user asking if he made a mistake by buying a R700 .223 ADL as his first 'long range rifle.'

That doesn't fly here, and I am thankful.

Re: Sniper's Hide as a fact source.

.223 is good enough for 500M and will test you a heck of a lot cheaper than a 308, but the 308 is a ton more fun at 300+ due to the fact that it stabilizes AT 300M.
As to fact here, maybe a little, but there is a metric ton of BS to go with it
wink.gif

Well, you *can* shim the mount with a Coke can...

As for the rest of that drivel....

The mark of true quality drivel is the inclusion of some small morsel of truth.

Beware the intensely smiling moron.

Greg