• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper's Hide Cup 2021 Images

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    SHD_7263.jpg
    SHD_7220.jpg
    SHD_7278.jpg
    SHD_7326.jpg
    SHD_7215.jpg
    SHD_7321.jpg
    SHD_7166.jpg
    SHD_7262.jpg
    SHD_7282.jpg
    SHD_7227.jpg

Loved the match! Love the location! Lots of tripod (99%?) so definitely got my money's worth out of it. 😁 Thanks to Frank, Carl, and Clint for another excellent match. Lots of ZCO scopes out there too which was great to see.

Here's a pic from the loophole stage and a couple others.

Attachments

• PXL_20210620_153055457.MP.jpg
      PXL_20210620_153055457.MP.jpg
      695.4 KB · Views: 159
    • PXL_20210619_202452064.jpg
      PXL_20210619_202452064.jpg
      742.3 KB · Views: 155
    • PXL_20210620_233218295.MP.jpg
      PXL_20210620_233218295.MP.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 160
    • PXL_20210620_233516490.jpg
      PXL_20210620_233516490.jpg
      992.9 KB · Views: 164
    PXL_20210620_233218295.MP.jpg

The guy who took that picture, I envy..lol
    Thanks for the ride up the road on the first day.
    And thanks to Frank for all the help through out the match, you definitely practice what you preach with helping new shooters as do the match directors and ROs .
    And last but not least.
    Thanks to the squad I was in, squad 3. You guys ( and gal, and kids) helped a bunch, and I appreciate that.

great pics, looks like nice weather too (at least no rain)

question about gear:

more often than not guys get crapped on for asking or putting a red dot on a "precision rifle"
    i see a few guys in the pics had one

has the opinion changed?

does anyone know it they actually used them for target acquisition in the veg etc?

thanks

great pics, looks like nice weather too (at least no rain)

question about gear:

more often than not guys get crapped on for asking or putting a red dot on a "precision rifle"
    i see a few guys in the pics had one

has the opinion changed?

does anyone know it they actually used them for target acquisition in the veg etc?

thanks

Been running them for years. Used to get the ole “are you trying to CQB with your bolt gun?”
    Now that people know it’s actually very useful, you’re starting to see more and more run one.

Let’s me stay on higher magnification.

And yes, it was extremely useful, when shooting on that venue. As you can get lost very quickly. I doubt I went below 20x the whole weekend. Even when some targets were at 300ish that were 75% covered with vegetation.

Been running them for years. Used to get the ole “are you trying to CQB with your bolt gun?”
    Now that people know it’s actually very useful, you’re starting to see more and more run one.

Let’s me stay on higher magnification.

And yes, it was extremely useful, when shooting on that venue. As you can get lost very quickly. I doubt I went below 20x the whole weekend. Even when some targets were at 300ish that were 75% covered with vegetation.
    that’s what I figured

thanks

@NoLegs24

I just went with a Badger Ordance setup but no red dot yet. What red dot do have that attach directly to the pic rail?

Also at what range do you zero it?

@NoLegs24

I just went with a Badger Ordance setup but no red dot yet. What red dot do have that attach directly to the pic rail?

Also at what range do you zero it?

Want to say my trijicons are 1moa.

To zero it, I’ll just check the average target range in the CoF and go with that.

Reactions: Eric32
    Want to say my trijicons are 1moa.

To zero it, I’ll just check the average target range in the CoF and go with that.
    So you don’t see the need to zero it at 100 so you can just drop the scope to the zero stop?

Or is there enough FOV in a good scope that close enough is good enough

So you don’t see the need to zero it at 100 so you can just drop the scope to the zero stop?

Or is there enough FOV in a good scope that close enough is good enough
    I typically use 600 yards and it’s always within 5 mils of center. I never came off 25 power during the last match