• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup Sniper's Hide Cup Results

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Yesterday we finished up the final day of the 2009 Sniper's Hide Cup and I think everyone truly enjoyed themselves. We got through a lot of stuff, the round count was just around 150 rifle, 60 handgun and 3 Carbine from the Helicopter.

Everyone did a fantastic job on a very fundamentals driven match, the targets were from 10 yards to 1000 yards, everything from 1 MOA to subMOA in size.

Out of a possible 4120 points the winner scored 71% of them, the next closest competitor was about 500 points south of the winning score of 2930. Here is how everyone stacked up:

Terry Cross
    John Sommers
    Tim Long
    Kevin Drake
    Todd Reynolds
    Flounder (Jeff)
    Tate M
    George Gardner
    Tony McCollum
    Tony Burkes
    Stan Owens
    Kevin Elpers
    Tony G
    Bill Fowler
    Moon (Tim)
    Chance Durbin
    Kevin W
    Pete Carpentier
    Jay (CKA) Ruby
    Jeff Badley
    Matt Hock
    Martin Arsenault
    Brian Embley
    Bruce Gordon
    Jason Rose
    Ryan H
    Chad (Corky) Haworth
    Clark Kennedy
    Mike Rogan
    Bill Bland
    Chase Tresler
    Bill Meuser
    Robby Carnes
    Jacob Gottfredson
    Chuck Stewart
    Larry Carnes
    Jim R
    Lance Belostock
    Pete Pi jr
    Scott Boiko
    Sany Nguyen
    Karl Adcock
    Brent Tatford
    Jean Bourassa
    Christian Hutchins
    Don Albares
    Liz
    Felix Costa
    Nathan Hunt
    Sam Vester
    Brian Smith
    Helio F
    Anthony Battaglia

Congradulations to the competitors they are all top of their game. And look for the Official "thank you" thread that will follow.

Here are some images in the mean time:
    shc09-1.jpg

shc09-2.jpg

shc09-3.jpg

shc09-4.jpg

shc09-5.jpg

shc09-6.jpg

shc09-7.jpg

shc09-8.jpg

Re: Sniper's Hide Cup Results

Shooting is a mental game, and my mind was not in the game, but I had a blast, 22 years of fixing planes and I got my first helicopter ride @ Rifles Only, thank you POF. Congrats to Terry Cross, the Tulsa Connection, and the rest who made to the trip to our Mecca.

So much fun.... I'll be there next year for sure. Big thanks to ALL involved in making this happen for us...

BTW, that pic of Drake on the tri-pod is fuggin awesome....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Texas_Rick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good job Boiko!

brasswhore-poster.jpg
    </div></div>

Classic!

Looks like yall had a good time like always.

Hope to see yall at the Bash.

Allow me to point out that the winner's score of 71 percent of the total possible points, was substantially higher than the 60 percent of the 2nd place finisher.

"Successful application of the precision rifle is a lot more about thinking than it is about shooting." -- Jacob Bynum, Director, Rifles Only.

"Shooting is relatively easy. Thinking is hard." -- Lindy

Terry cranked on his 260 barrel...and me thinks there were several other .260's and 243....i did recover some 308 brass though, purely by happenstance mind you

How many 6mm Crusaders were being shot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Out of a possible 4120 points the winner scored 71% of them</div></div>

That is absolutely amazing. The bar is high.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Weda'</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many 6mm Crusaders were being shot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Out of a possible 4120 points the winner scored 71% of them</div></div>

That is absolutely amazing. The bar is high.</div></div>

Team Bukkake was doing a full court press and trying recruit him into the fold.....

24th place was running a .308 -- that is the highest I know of

Pete Pi shot 7wsm, would have finished higher but he had Bolt release issues!!!! It broke on him twice!! That's enough to mess with your head.

Thanks for posting the videos. Made me wistful for the smell of gun powder and ogling all the different rifles on hand. But, the videos provided a sampler of why the 4.5 hr. one way drive is always worth the trip. Glad you all had a safe match...looks like much fun was had as usual. God Bless!

Melody Lopez

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yesterday we finished up the final day of the 2009 Sniper's Hide Cup and I think everyone truly enjoyed themselves. We got through a lot of stuff, the round count was just around 150 rifle, 60 handgun and 3 Carbine from the Helicopter.

</div></div>

Just 3 shots from the carbine in the helicopter? How did that work? Hardly seems worth all that gas...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Texas_Rick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good job Boiko!

brasswhore-poster.jpg
    </div></div>

Classic! Bolt better blow this up and frame it for his living room!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just 3 shots from the carbine in the helicopter? How did that work? Hardly seems worth all that gas...</div></div>

One shot per target on three targets, hit or miss.

As for whether it was worth all that gas, ask the shooters who got a helicopter ride - and ask the shooter who won a new rifle for the high score on that event.

Rat, the helo ride was just the icing on the cake. The friggin cake was awesome without the icing. The two together were unforgettable!!!

That being said, I really don't think it's worth your gas!! lol
    One less spot I have to fight for next year!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Chad (Corky) Haworth </div></div>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9aJFSpkxjtY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9aJFSpkxjtY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

the Helio at RO was the first one i actually landed in.....in years past i never landed in the same bird i took off in....

RO has instantly become an every year event for me... I'll be perched up at the computer the day sign up opens...

And yes, the Helo stage alone was worth the trip...

Frank said something about doing a bungee jump off the tower with them TIS wind speed gizmos....and Team B supplied reverse SANTERIA candles.......i plan on bringing my polished chicken bones and a fresh jock strap....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RO has instantly become an every year event for me... I'll be perched up at the computer the day sign up opens...

And yes, the Helo stage alone was worth the trip...</div></div>

You know that 24 hours in a car with me was the REAL highlight of the event for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RO has instantly become an every year event for me... I'll be perched up at the computer the day sign up opens...

You know that 24 hours in a car with me was the REAL highlight of the event for you. </div></div>

I did enjoy the handy at the rest stop.... Thanks.

Ok, not saying helo trips aren't fun. I always enjoyed being 'ballast' for CareFlite maintenance flights when I was living in DFW. I was just surprised that they were spending so much gas on the overhead of getting a shooter in the air and then putting him back down to only take 3 shots with a carbine. Sounds kinda like a wham-bam-thankya-mam. Was certain I was reading a typo and it was 30 shots or something.

As soon as the boys are old enough that I can get away from the house for a week of funtime, I'm gonna come down and own last place. I predict in 5 years there will be a plaque labeled "Ratbert - last place" waiting for me at sign-in. If nothing else it will be worth it to be with people who actually know what a fire-ant is. People here keep griping and complaining, but they have no idea...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RO has instantly become an every year event for me... I'll be perched up at the computer the day sign up opens...

You know that 24 hours in a car with me was the REAL highlight of the event for you. </div></div>

I did enjoy the handy at the rest stop.... Thanks.</div></div>

I didn't know how else to thank you for that road head. Honestly, we could have just split the gas but have it your way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tu-chey.....</div></div>

Literally, apparently.

Ratbert,
    One of the reasons it is only 3 shots is because of the amount of shooters that we have to go through. If we did 30 rounds a shooter we might have to rent the helo for a day and a half. Besides POF sponsored the event and I don't think that they would want to pay that kind of bill :)! It would be nice to do more but during a competition it just isn't feasible. Now if you do the PR-3A you get more time in the helo then you want!! Nobody has complained about just 3 shots so I really don't think that it is an issue.

Ok, wasn't trying to make an issue of it. Really. I thought I remembered seeing video last year where people were rocking an M4 on strafing runs with the Helo, so I was just kind of surprised when he said 3 shots.

As I said, helo, no helo, for me it would just be all about the opportunity to be bitten in the nuttsack by a proper Texas fire ant.

Q: Are people switching away from 308 because of better ballistics in that kind of wind, or just to reduce Ripper's incentive to swipe their brass?

The video you remember was shot during the course Beamer Girl referred to, Precision Rifle 3A - Helicopter Assault, not the match.

On the contrary -- Scott is an equal opportunity brass-whore. He loves all brass -- the short, the fat, and the tall.
    smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The video you remember was shot during the course Beamer Girl referred to, Precision Rifle 3A - Helicopter Assault, not the match.
    </div></div>

Ah..

anyway, WAYYY more has been made of this than I had expected, already. Everyone go back to pleasant reminiscing (or whatever you'd call it), I'm off to be barfed on by my 6 month old for the 1100th time today...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boltripper sits.....on .....his hands </div></div>

Ouch, They might go numb!! JK

NOmag

The Helo is worth the drive from anywhere I love to fly that was my 2nd ride at RO. That 2nd ride will last for ever.

no chopper for Ratburp when he comes down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no chopper for Ratburp when he comes down. </div></div>

I'm not hatin' on the chopper, guys. I just honestly thought it was a typo.

Besides, I'm gonna register as 'Peter North' so you'll never know it's me...

oh.. uhm...

Damn.

I'm going to try and make it next year.

The helo ride should be fun. I got lots of practice on the two way range in the sandbox.

Mike whats up with letting Jason beat you???? That roadhead must have been good shit and messed up your concentration!!!!