Training Courses SNIPER'S HIDE FRANK AND MARC 2-DAY P.R. CENTRAL PA, SEPT 26-27, 2022

Baron23

Check 6
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 19, 2020
    Maryland
    HI guys - being the anal retentive, anxiety ridden, busy body that I am, I reached out to Marc to inquire when he thought he would be making the call for money for this clinic.

He replied that he would call out for $$ in the last week in Aug. So, a couple/few more weeks.

Cheers

Reactions: Enough Said

Nik H

Constantly Learning
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Jan 22, 2014
    Small town New England
    HI guys - being the anal retentive, anxiety ridden, busy body that I am, I reached out to Marc to inquire when he thought he would be making the call for money for this clinic.

He replied that he would call out for $$ in the last week in Aug. So, a couple/few more weeks.

Cheers
    You crack me up

• Haha
    Reactions: Baron23

Enough Said

Staff Sergeant Taylor
    Staff member
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Apr 10, 2005
    Anchorage, AK

Baron23

Check 6
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Mar 19, 2020
    Maryland
    • Love

metalicat

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Jun 24, 2013
    New Hampshire
    Somebody on the wait list for this class is going to be real happy. I have had a severe injury to my hand and will be unable to attend. I had reserved a spot for all 4 days. I did this class last year and had an absolute blast.

357Max

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Sep 11, 2019
    Marylandistan
    Sorry to here of your injury. Real bummer & hope you heal quickly.

I had emailed Mr Taylor. Doubt I'm top of the wait list, but if it gets to me I'll gladly take all 4 days.

Enough Said

Staff Sergeant Taylor
    Staff member
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Apr 10, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
    Somebody on the wait list for this class is going to be real happy. I have had a severe injury to my hand and will be unable to attend. I had reserved a spot for all 4 days. I did this class last year and had an absolute blast.
    Sorry. Email me so I can remove you from the rosters.

Baron23

Check 6
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Mar 19, 2020
    Maryland
    Fuck!!! We’ll miss you, Bill, but more importantly I hope your hand gets better soonest and you have a full recovery. Damn…sorry to hear this, mate.

Reactions: metalicat

Nik H

Constantly Learning
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Jan 22, 2014
    Small town New England
    Who am I going to drink with Bill?

Baron23

Check 6
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Mar 19, 2020
    Maryland
    I received a reply from Marc:

1. If only taking PR1 then just buy the two day class via the provided link

2. If taking PR1 and PR2 for the full four days, as @GBMaryland and I are doing, buy the two day class twice (need to go thru the transaction process twice...there is no quantity field to increment to "2")

3. Apparently I'm the only one who reads "thread", as in "Here in this Thread" to be a forum thread but he was referring to the email that he sent out. Reply to Marc's email and indicate paid and what for as in "Paid for PR1 & 2 for total of $1,500"

And, I'm assuming its not necessary to "reply to all" when responding to him about payment.

Cheers and looking forward to it.

@metalicat - sorry you can't make it this year and best wishes for speedy and full recovery from your injury. Hope that's going ok. Wanna just come up and drink with us? haha

metalicat

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Jun 24, 2013
    New Hampshire

2. If taking PR1 and PR2 for the full four days, as @GBMaryland and I are doing, buy the two day class twice (need to go thru the transaction process twice...there is no quantity field to increment to "2")

3. Apparently I'm the only one who reads "thread", as in "Here in this Thread" to be a forum thread but he was referring to the email that he sent out. Reply to Marc's email and indicate paid and what for as in "Paid for PR1 & 2 for total of $1,500"

And, I'm assuming its not necessary to "reply to all" when responding to him about payment.

@metalicat - sorry you can't make it this year and best wishes for speedy and full recovery from your injury. Hope that's going ok. Wanna just come up and drink with us? haha
    I do love to drink :) thanks for the well wishes....if it wasn't 8 hours 1 way for me I would definitely be down for drinks. Have fun I am definitely sad to not be going.

Nik H

Constantly Learning
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Jan 22, 2014
    Small town New England

I tried going through it twice but PP won't do it? Not sure what I am doing wrong. I paid for one with no issues

Baron23

Check 6
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Mar 19, 2020
    Maryland
    I tried going through it twice but PP won't do it? Not sure what I am doing wrong. I paid for one with no issues
    Dunno, Nik...worked ok for me.

Now, when I did paypal, the paypal pop up screen didn't go away on its own but there was a small pop up that said "transaction completed" or to that effect and when you clicked on the "ok" button in that pop up, both it and the Paypal pop up went away.

Then I just did the same thing...from the top.

I got two receipts from PayPal and two "Large Transaction Amount" emails from Amex as I have that set up for any purchase over $500. So, it appears that it worked fine if a little bit kludgy with the Paypal pop up.

Nik H

Constantly Learning
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Jan 22, 2014
    Small town New England
    Dunno, Nik...worked ok for me.

Now, when I did paypal, the paypal pop up screen didn't go away on its own but there was a small pop up that said "transaction completed" or to that effect and when you clicked on the "ok" button in that pop up, both it and the Paypal pop up went away.

Then I just did the same thing...from the top.

I got two receipts from PayPal and two "Large Transaction Amount" emails from Amex as I have that set up for any purchase over $500. So, it appears that it worked fine if a little bit kludgy with the Paypal pop up.
    Not sure but that is what I did....The pop up never appeared for the 2nd transaction. I will wait an hour and try again

Baron23

Check 6
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Mar 19, 2020
    Maryland
    The pop up never appeared for the 2nd transaction.
    Did you check your PayPal account and whatever account you are drawing against...perhaps the transaction went thru but the site malfunctioned??? Maybe??

Nik H

Constantly Learning
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Jan 22, 2014
    Small town New England
    Did you check your PayPal account and whatever account you are drawing against...perhaps the transaction went thru but the site malfunctioned??? Maybe??
    I got it fixed.

The 2nd transaction was blocked as the credit card company thought it was fraudulent. I called them and was then able to pay the second one

Baron23

Check 6
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Mar 19, 2020
    Maryland
    @Enough Said - hi Marc, if I remember correctly, you emailed/posted some sort of info/data package before last year’s clinic.

Planning to do the same this year or nay?

Or maybe I just imagined remembering it...my memory is shot! haha

PS - ah, never mind. Lol.

Last edited:

357Max

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Sep 11, 2019
    Marylandistan
    What is the expected round count for combined PR1 & 2??

Edit: Found it in the PR2 thread. 275 is the number.

Last edited:

Baron23

Check 6
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Mar 19, 2020
    Maryland
    I have four each 2"x10"x2' pieces of lumber that I will bring up for putting under bipods. As Marc mentioned (ah...he mentioned it somewhere...I think! haha), these or similar will be needed to shoot...oh, maybe 700 yards and further due to the incline across the range.... if you don't have leg extensions (and maybe even then).

I'll be glad to make these available to other students in the two clinic(s) that run from 26th to 29th.

And no...I'm really not that altruistic...I had to buy an 8' length and then had it cut to 2' pieces so...extras.

Prob leave them with the club as they were absolutely wonderful and accommodating to us last year incl scrambling around a bit for scrap lumber so we could reach the far targets.

Cheers

Reactions: Nik H

CMP70306

Private
    Minuteman
    Feb 16, 2017
    I have four each 2"x10"x2' pieces of lumber that I will bring up for putting under bipods. As Marc mentioned (ah...he mentioned it somewhere...I think! haha), these or similar will be needed to shoot...oh, maybe 700 yards and further due to the incline across the range.... if you don't have leg extensions (and maybe even then).

I'll be glad to make these available to other students in the two clinic(s) that run from 26th to 29th.

And no...I'm really not that altruistic...I had to buy an 8' length and then had it cut to 2' pieces so...extras.

Prob leave them with the club as they were absolutely wonderful and accommodating to us last year incl scrambling around a bit for scrap lumber so we could reach the far targets.

Cheers
    If you use scrap deck boards you can make stairs, very easy to change levels that way.
    E96E2AB9-5D65-46D8-B1BC-9C39B17A0103.jpeg

• Love
    Reactions: Nik H and Baron23

CMP70306

Private
    Minuteman
    Feb 16, 2017
    Going to bring a few sets? :cool:

Very cool and you can load the legs against the next step up.
    That was at one of the previous classes I took at that range so I know the struggle.

Unfortunately I won’t be going this time, I originally signed up for all 4 days but a few days out sick with Covid, wedding planning, a few fishing tournaments and hunting season burned all the vacation days I had so I had to bail.