• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper's Hide mentioned on Motherjones

Tactical_Tom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2009
PA, Bradford
"Beyond this gun-friendly politicized community, the brand has proven popular among firearms users and enthusiasts who frequent extreme online gun forums, places like ar15.com, SnipersHide, M4carbine, and 4chan’s weapon’s board /k/, which all skew very right-wing. 4chan’s /k/ weapons board was a key early home for Boogaloo Bois, a group of extremists who anticipate participating in a second civil war. Forums like SnipersHide openly defend Kyle Rittenhouse’s alleged murder of innocent protesters. David Noel, an army veteran and graduate student at Carnegie Mellon who researches gun culture, says that in the decade-plus he’s spent in the ar15.com forums, he’s noticed frequent use of a Thomas Jefferson quote, long popular with armed self-described militia groups: “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2021/02/black-rifle-coffee-company/

So what?

As we have recently seen, we could roll over, not argue, and plow their driveway for them, and they will still hate us.

No amount of compromise or moderation on our part will be sufficient. When the enemy seeks complete and total domination of all life globally, unilateral moderation is insufficient.

Now we just need to guess which member "Ali Breland" is? Limedust maybe?

Liars are gonna lie. Like libtards frequently do.

Let's review the quote.
First "skew very right wing"
Second, try to connect the forums with other vilified groups. Boog boys
Third, create a narrative that re enforces their predetermined verdict for a man who used
Leathal force to save his own life.
Fourth, quote "qualified" service member who also has a degree(read our chosen expert).
Fifth, make blanket statement about all members in said forums.
Sixth, try to demonized a quote from the founding fathers.
Comedy ensues.

Mother Jones, an unbiased source of "information"
El oh El
Spoon fed hit piece with all the sauce their ignorant audience prefers.

R

"Beyond this gun-friendly politicized community, the brand has proven popular among firearms users and enthusiasts who frequent extreme online gun forums, places like ar15.com, SnipersHide, M4carbine, and 4chan’s weapon’s board /k/, which all skew very right-wing. 4chan’s /k/ weapons board was a key early home for Boogaloo Bois, a group of extremists who anticipate participating in a second civil war. Forums like SnipersHide openly defend Kyle Rittenhouse’s alleged murder of innocent protesters. David Noel, an army veteran and graduate student at Carnegie Mellon who researches gun culture, says that in the decade-plus he’s spent in the ar15.com forums, he’s noticed frequent use of a Thomas Jefferson quote, long popular with armed self-described militia groups: “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2021/02/black-rifle-coffee-company/

Let them hate, so long as they fear

Black Rifle Coffee? Getting the message? Sold yourself as freedom loving Americans than throw in with the American hating Communists......

How did that work out for you?

There is no "common ground" any "accommodation" is taken as weakness.

There is a lot of stupid in the article, but some smart as well. The proliferation of plate carriers among right wing protestors has been hard to miss over the last four years. It is not really debatable that many communities eventually grow to have a similar dress code, and, through strong peer pressure, to adopt similar thoughts. The range of acceptable opinion on here is extremely narrow, and strictly enforced, even under the guise of being "free thinkers."

None of the above is particularly pernicious in and of itself, though the thought police here is pretty ridiculous. I do think, and have said before, that the tendency to adopt this hyper militarized, plate carriers and ARs at protests is at best self defeating, and at worst a recipe for disaster. There is absolutely no good reason for it. The overall takeaway from the piece, excluding all of the silly hyperbole in it, should be whether we want to be a community of people who enjoy shooting and the tools of that, including discussing the political issues around it, or whether we would prefer to look like a bunch of out of place goons in .mil gear trying to scare people into bowing to the second amendment when they clearly have the political might not to bend the knee.

Prophylactically, I am not saying to compromise on core beliefs, I am saying to figure out what those beliefs are, because acting like assholes and looking like assholes shouldn't be among them.

Reactions: vinniedelpino
There is a lot of stupid in the article, but some smart as well. The proliferation of plate carriers among right wing protestors has been hard to miss over the last four years. It is not really debatable that many communities eventually grow to have a similar dress code, and, through strong peer pressure, to adopt similar thoughts. The range of acceptable opinion on here is extremely narrow, and strictly enforced, even under the guise of being "free thinkers."

None of the above is particularly pernicious in and of itself, though the thought police here is pretty ridiculous. I do think, and have said before, that the tendency to adopt this hyper militarized, plate carriers and ARs at protests is at best self defeating, and at worst a recipe for disaster. There is absolutely no good reason for it. The overall takeaway from the piece, excluding all of the silly hyperbole in it, should be whether we want to be a community of people who enjoy shooting and the tools of that, including discussing the political issues around it, or whether we would prefer to look like a bunch of out of place goons in .mil gear trying to scare people into bowing to the second amendment when they clearly have the political might not to bend the knee.

Prophylactically, I am not saying to compromise on core beliefs, I am saying to figure out what those beliefs are, because acting like assholes and looking like assholes shouldn't be among them.

Yes, because behaving politely and respectfully has worked out so fucking wonderfully for us up to now.

Step aside

Awwwwww, wE iS ExTreMiSt bOaRd??? Xoxoxo uWu kawaii...

LividMetallicGoshawk-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Jgunner

Something about a speck in another's eye and beam in yours.

R

Something about a speck in another's eye and beam in yours.

R
You need to learn how to better choose the correct parable for the situation.

Yes, because behaving politely and respectfully has worked out so fucking wonderfully for us up to now.

Step aside
It's really not about that. It is about not acting like idiots in a self defeating manner. You may be right about being polite and respectful, though I do not think you are. But if you are, that still does not imply that running around looking like a militia in need of Jenny Craig's help is the answer.

You need to learn how to better choose the correct parable for the situation.

It's really not about that. It is about not acting like idiots in a self defeating manner. You may be right about being polite and respectful, though I do not think you are. But if you are, that still does not imply that running around looking like a militia in need of Jenny Craig's help is the answer.
You start, as usual, with a self righteous condemnation of what your higher "perspective" deems
As exceptable behavior and entirely miss the meaning of my post.
Congrats... ?

R

You start, as usual, with a self righteous condemnation of what your higher "perspective" deems
Congrats... ?

R
Let me make it simple for you. It is to all of our benefits that Snipers Hide stays off the radar and is not lumped in with shitholes like ARFcom. We should act as much as possible in ways that make that happen.

Congrats... ?

R

But, that POS gotta lot to say, and it's gonna be heard gawd dammit, because.

Who told that asshole ANYONE gives a fuck what it sez? I wanna know. Can someone point out the post?

• Haha
Reactions: Rthur
So what?

As we have recently seen, we could roll over, not argue, and plow their driveway for them, and they will still hate us.

No amount of compromise or moderation on our part will be sufficient. When the enemy seeks complete and total domination of all life globally, unilateral moderation is insufficient.
That LA Times op Ed was an eye opener. Very sad to read actually.

Reactions: Bender
Fine. I'm done. Enjoy your Bear Pit hellhole. I am sure it will be more comfortable now that exactly zero people disagree with the absolute received opinion on here, and everybody can continue in their self-assured circle jerk of victimhood.

Anyone catch this line

“Let our journalists help you make sense of the noise: Subscribe to the Mother Jones Dailynewsletter and get a recap of news that matters.”

Translation, “You’re too stupid to read and make an informed decision based on the available facts, join our propaganda list so that we can tell you how to think”

Fine. I'm done. Enjoy your Bear Pit hellhole. I am sure it will be more comfortable now that exactly zero people disagree with the absolute received opinion on here, and everybody can continue in their self-assured circle jerk of victimhood.
Mr. Choid (or whatever your name is). IMHO this site is populated by folks who truly understand that we, as a nation, are a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC. Not a "democracy" as I tend to think you believe. One of those rights outlined in the COTUS is the 1st amendment which bestows upon you the right to your opinion which, like and asshole, everyone has one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bender
This is when I really wish I knew people in China. They are really good at denial-of-service hacking

Mr. Choid (or whatever your name is). IMHO this site is populated by folks who truly understand that we, as a nation, are a CONSTITUNAL REPUBLIC. Not a "democracy" as I tend to think you believe. One of those rights outlined in the COTUS is the 1st amendment which bestows upon you the right to your

Mr. Choid (or whatever your name is). IMHO this site is populated by folks who truly understand that we, as a nation, are a CONSTITUNAL REPUBLIC. Not a "democracy" as I tend to think you believe. One of those rights outlined in the COTUS is the 1st amendment which bestows upon you the right to your

"NOT" being an ass right meow, but I think you just capitalized, and misspelled, an important word regarding your post. It also seems you either fell out with a seizure, which I hope you didn't, but it's possible, and didn't finish your post.

PS: If you were in VF-11 in the early 80's, 82ish actually, and were missing some stuff outta some Cruise Boxes. I had nothing to do with it.

Signed:

The Guy That Didn't Do It. :LOL:

Reactions: camocorvette

Have you missed the proliferation of battle gear on the left?

Have you missed the fact two Trumpets have been murdered by Antifa?

Did you see the dude first chasing KR, another guy beating him with a skateboard and the final guy holding a handgun intent on killing KR?

Was the Second Amendment adopted for target shooting hobbies or something else?

Your mom should have been thinking prophylactically.

Last edited:

"NOT" being an ass right meow, but I think you just capitalized, and misspelled, an important word regarding your post. It also seems you either fell out with a seizure, which I hope you didn't, but it's possible, and didn't finish your post.

PS: If you were in VF-11 in the early 80's, 82ish actually, and were missing some stuff outta some Cruise Boxes. I had nothing to do with it.

Signed:

The Guy That Didn't Do It. :LOL:
Hey 1J, no seizure, just an important call I had to take and I edited the post :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1J04

Doesn’t your vagina get sore from straddling that fence all the time?!

• Haha
Reactions: 1J04