• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper's Hide Online Training?

xNF_9

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2009
Fargo
I am debating weather or not the Sniper's Hide Online Training is worth what they are asking for it? All I am asking is people who have subscribed to tell me when they signed up did it help them a lot? I am a novice beginner/novice shooter. So would you suggest it for me or no?

Re: Sniper's Hide Online Training?

Being a subscriber to the online training, I give an unequivocal YES!!! And sooner the better.

When you shoot now, all you are likely doing is burning barrel and laying down bad habits that you will have to work twice as hard to re-train later.

Plus, the cost of a years subscription can go directly towards training at Rifles Only (which is definitely on my to-do list).

Every time a newbie takes some formal training, you will hear them sing accolades about how the training they took is THE BEST and there is no better instructor within the Milky Way.

I hope this does not sound like the above scenario. I asked an experienced friend via PM for an honest evaluation and he told me I that I would benefit from it. I signed up and I am glad I did. With what I have read so far, I will be busy practicing for months.

As far as the price, $10/article is not inexpensive, but it is up to you to decide where this skill falls within your priorities. For me it is most definitely worth it as it is very solid on the fundamentals and it addresses some very frustrating problems I have such as bipod hop. Honestly, I would rather like to have a book and DVD by Rifles Only, but this is the next best thing. And since I plan to train with them at some point, the cost of this training is a moot point because the money goes as a credit toward the onsite course.

Short answer: Do it!
smile.gif

Okay thanks, that is what I was looking for. Where are these onsite courses. I live in ND, so I'm guessing there is not a course near by. Could I get a list or the place Rifles Only have their courses?

I have learned so much from this site in general, but the online lessons are like a speed booster on the shooting forms and skills. The tips can really help you to build the right habit, right form. Makes you pay attention to details that were normally not even realized. Detail reading materials from LL, videos to help better understanding, plus all the helps on the forum to answer each questions, better than any online courses I have ever taken.

I prescribe just to give something back to this community, and ended up received so much back from these lessons. If you read the post from LL, this site does take a lot of $$ to maintain. My $10 is really nothing compare to the overall cost, but its something I can afford to do for the community. I am also saving for a class at RO.

Back to the topic. Sign on the class, you will be glad you did. Thats all I can tell ya.

Take care~

Dyl..

I have attended Rifles Only and I subscribe to the online training forum.

One can not hear the basics enough. What you see in the Forum is exactly the way it is taught at RO. Naturally you don't have Jacob or Frank sitting over you screaming "BREATHE"!!!!

If you are wanting to start off with an understanding of the proper basics of Precision Rifle it will be the best 10.00 a month you ever spent!!!

Yep, I've learned more than the $10 a month just surfing this site. Lots of good info and people here. Glad to help support the place.

Rifles Only's base of operation is in South Texas. We do travel to do classes but only when asked to and there is enough interest on the civilian side. If wanting to put a training class together somewhere closer to you contact Jacob @ Rifles Only and I know he will be more than happy to start working out the details.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beamer Girl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rifles Only's base of operation is in South Texas. We do travel to do classes but only when asked to and there is enough interest on the civilian side. If wanting to put a training class together somewhere closer to you contact Jacob @ Rifles Only and I know he will be more than happy to start working out the details. </div></div>

Thank you.

xNF 9
I'm a novice precision shooter. Most of my prior experience is shotgun/clay birds. The online course starts off with the very basics for someone like me. I was worried that it would start out above my level, but that has not been the case. I'm not cleaning the dot targets yet, and I've taken the advice of giving up on shooting groups, but I'm getting better. More importantly, I'm starting to be able to know why a bad shot went bad.
Well worth the price for me!