• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Sniper's Hide Precision, Frank and Marc, MCSA, Lewistown, PA Sept 27-28

ALTERNATES LIST, YOU WILL GET THE CALL NEXT WEEK.
WE'VE GOT DEAD BEATS WHO WON'T PURCHASE THE SEAT, SO IT WILL BE FIRST-COME-FIRST SERVED.
Hi Marc - I think at one time you indicated you would be issuing a fact sheet, or the like, w info on hotels (but I think we ran that into the ground already), club address (think we got that too) start times, stuff to bring, dunno what else.

Is that still a thing?

Hi Marc,
I am coming I sent you payment from PayPal on August 4th. You sent me confirmation on August 5th
Thanks, Ken

Sorry for the slow response just saw it.

Last edited:
20210930_151121.jpg
Tallest and shortest in the class in PA. Everyone had a awesome time.

To teach a. Class. Prolly fill up 2-3 classes

oh and I work too much the other 9 months of the year to attend classes

Lol

come to the md va pa wv area in the dec/Jan/feb time frame!
Brother, they were in the PA area...LOL. MD was only a 2hr drive.
Plus, I have to admit after talking to @Enough Said, there's a shit ton of red tape involved with them running these classes in regards to liability and fees, etc. that I was unaware of.

I can only imagine the headache of having to deal with Peacemaker in WV or Quantico in NOVA especially in terms of scheduling, fees, you name it.

Brother, they were in the PA area...LOL. MD was only a 2hr drive.
Plus, I have to admit after talking to @Enough Said, there's a shit ton of red tape involved with them running these classes in regards to liability and fees, etc. that I was unaware of.

I can only imagine the headache of having to deal with Peacemaker in WV or Quantico in NOVA especially in terms of scheduling, fees, you name it.
What about pigg river ?
Yes I realize they were. I work 7 days a week too much of the year

Thanks to Matt for being a great host. Fully covered facilities is a MUST for downpours like we had. LOL
Wonderful range and steel. Very challenging moving up hill farther out for the students. Tested the bag-bipod dance, for sure.
You students were absolutely awesome on and off the range.
Stay in touch.

I had an absolutely wonderful time at the Lewiston clinic with Frank and Marc.

But first things first...I also want to thank Matt for the absolutely wonderful effort he made on our behalf getting everything set up before hand and running down range to paint targets, etc during the clinic. He's a super guy and I really appreciate all he did for us and also offer my thanks to Mifflin Sportsmens for hosting us.

Not sure about the other folks but I'm an old fart and agree with Marc that getting up the hill to the 800-1000 yd targets was a bit of a challenge...well, at least for me.... but a bit of 2 x 4 under the bipod and Robert's your mother's brother. I found the entire clinic challenging and that is a good thing...meant I was learning something new and frankly challenges are one of the reasons I like clinics (used to take clay target clinics periodically over a good number of years).

Frank/Marc have an incredible amount of knowledge and experience right at their finger tips. I'm 69 and doubt that I'll live long enough to know even a quarter of the knowledge that they can call on instantly . The course was wonderfully structured, moved along a good pace (hey, 12 students means we have to keep moving, right?), and there were some very interesting aspects like Weaponized Math, and looking for corrupted data therein, that I found both interesting and very practical.

I shot better than I ever expected and appreciated both the emphasis on fundamentals critique (ah, that would be Marc! 😄 👍) and Frank's wind calls to get us on target at range. I have zero experience with wind at distance, have never worked with a spotter, and it was all a bit of an eye opener for me.

We all had dinner and drinks together every night and the other students in the class were outstanding and great fun to be with. And a few of the more experienced shooters/competitors gave me some help while Frank/Marc were working with others and I both needed and really appreciated.

"Downpour" the morning of the 2nd day is a bit of an understatement, actually. haha Wow, we had hammering rain, lightening, thunder (well, yeah...they go together) and of course wind gusts from the thunderstorms. The instructors pivoted just a bit to things we could do under cover and really no time was wasted at all due to the storm.

Pic that others took of the Mifflin range on the first day.....we shot the left hand range.
Mifflin Range.jpeg

Morning of the second day...and this was maybe in kind of a lull of the storm! haha
Range in the pouring rain.jpg

And our fearless leader.....I'm glad I wasn't the one getting that side look over the glasses .....but my turn (well, turns really) came later haha

Frank Galli healing zero target.jpeg

I remember when F-15's were first introduced to the operational inventory and they found that the pilots tended to focus on and use just a few bits of the flood data in their HUD and cockpit (all of which was pretty new at the time) and, once they were comfortable with those, they then were able to integrate more of the available info...bit by bit.... as training and experience mounted up.

I sort of feel that way about the clinic. I'm sure that only really got just a part of what Frank/Marc were teaching and that other parts sort of just flew over my head. What I'm saying is that I plan to take this clinic again next year as I'm certain that there is far more knowledge and technique for me to absorb and integrate into my shooting than what I was able to grasp on first exposure. Also, bad habits very often slip in (or do with me) and need to be identified and corrected. So, I'll be back :cool:

Cheers

We really enjoyed the classes in PA.

I want to thank everyone who attended, and to echo Marc, Matt for hosting a wonderful range. We enjoyed the ride in as much as the views from the range. Central PA is so nice to visit.

East Coast crowds are special, they have a different feel to them, and I truly enjoyed everyone who attended. Even Stephen with his endless questions, minus the caveats, just spit it out dude, we got you ... :alien::devilish:

No all kidding aside, everyone was fun, there was no "that guy". To me, students make the class, so all these guys who are saying what a good time they had, well we feed off your energy. Questions are every bit as important as the instruction provided.

I still laugh to this minute when I asked Old @Baron23 if he wanted to lie there and talk about it. All good fun. The ribbing opens the door... trust me when I say, people I don't like, I don't say anything too. I clam up and usually just walk away.

The range was challenging, the tricky winds around the 800 - 900, the angle which also plays a role in the data. It's a learning experience and being able to demonstrate the changes is important. We were able to show it in software when truing using weaponized math and everyone was onboard with the learning.

I also want to thank Joel Russo from Terminus who stopped in and brought rifles for everyone to shoot. It's funny he knows I hate the Actions Wars, but I really like the Terminus actions. My Tac Ops has an Apollo and I just could not let him go without ordering a Zeus with a couple of bolts.

We are still on the road with a few days off in Louisville, so I have to clear out my 4800 emails, thanks again all, this trip has been a blast so far... Ohio was just as fun too.

IMG_0077.png

Someone needs to caption that photo with "Dear Snipers Hide Diary" and post it as the new splash page for the Hide.
Just saying.
Thanks for the knowledge Frank and Marc.You guys are a class act.

Reactions: Baron23
I still laugh to this minute when I asked Old @Baron23 if he wanted to lie there and talk about it. All good fun.
LOL I’m glad I could provide some comic relief :ROFLMAO:

To me, the funny part is that I was laying there asking Marc to repeat what the heck you were saying cause I’m pretty damn hard of hearing and couldn’t hear a word you were saying! Lol

So, I not only didn’t hear your calls, I also didn’t hear the funny crack and had zero idea why everybody who looked at me later was snickering. But I’m a bozo and I’m kind of used to that reaction and didn’t think much of it. 😅

It wasn’t until that night at dinner that it was explained to me. Haha

It’s all good and really was very funny. :LOL:

I need better ears for the next time. Would love a pair of those high end E.A.R. digital molded electronic plugs that work as good as real hearing aids but have a fast cut off for gunfire. They’re only in the neighborhood of $4,500!! o_O

That or you need to learn American Sign Language!!! Haha

Travel safe and I’ll look forward to the next clinic. 👍🤝