• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Sniper's Hide Precision, Frank and Marc, MCSA, Lewistown, PA Sept 27-28

Enough Said

Staff Sergeant Taylor
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 10, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
    It's ON. We worked It all out. Just need students willing to train on weekdays.
    The pecking order was established in the other Thread.
    More specific information to follow, but THIS COURSE IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

[email protected], but only if you are ready to put your name on the roster and pay up when the time comes.
    $750 - Training
    Range fees separate

2019 July 13_14 APRC PR 1 (13) (1280x866) copy.jpg

Attachments

• M.C.S.A. PR1.pdf
      128.7 KB · Views: 175
    Last edited:
    Here’s the list from the other thread in order of people who expressed interest.

Baron23
    Tikka595II
    GBMaryland
    SMC21
    metalicat
    Ruggedtouch
    deersniper
    max1840
    klemm
    Nik H
    MDrimfirerookie
    Drumie + 3
    Olive drab
    RG0099
    Drewdemon
    Slayer 2c
    Wild dog
    rscully151
    Plinkit
    Kiteokoh
    Greggdrews
    Bryant F
    Buckeye chuck
    ma smith
    Johnhefley
    Kcrippen
    Frost1235
    Spblademaker
    Aguywithaglock34
    Foundtom
    Hauns23
    Squirrelcop
    Philys21
    20south

Here’s the list from the other thread in order of people who expressed interest.

Baron23
    Tikka595II
    GBMaryland
    SMC21
    metalicat
    Ruggedtouch
    deersniper
    max1840
    klemm
    Nik H
    MDrimfirerookie
    Drumie + 3
    Olive drab
    RG0099
    Drewdemon
    Slayer 2c
    Wild dog
    rscully151
    Plinkit
    Kiteokoh
    Greggdrews
    Bryant F
    Buckeye chuck
    ma smith
    Johnhefley
    Kcrippen
    Frost1235
    Spblademaker
    Aguywithaglock34
    Foundtom
    Hauns23
    Squirrelcop
    Philys21
    20south
    I am in and I have 2 friends that would like to come. Let me know what I need to do.

Email sent. I have some steel, let me know what you need.

*27-28 IS FULL*
    I'LL TAKE A COUPLE ALTERNATES IF NECESSARY, IN CASE SOMEONE FALLS THROUGH WITH COMMITMENT.

Unfortunately I can no longer make it. I let Taylor know last week so to whoever got my spot enjoy the class. I’m gonna catch them in Tennessee at Treadproof. Have a great time and ring a few for me!!!

Is College Station, PA too much of a drive, or just perfect? Probably more restaurant options there as well?

Trying to nail down an Info Sheet for this Course. -- Taylor

Is College Station, PA too much of a drive, or just perfect? Probably more restaurant options there as well?

Hi

Are you talking about The Station at State College? Do you have a zip code?

Google maps only shows that location or College Station in Willow Grove, PA which is a couple hundred miles away

• Wow
    Reactions: PlinkIt

@Enough Said - so, and didn't want to dig through the TON of posts above where we meandered around a good bit about hotels.

HI Marc - as Nik mentioned above, College Station, PA is about 190 miles east. I believe you must be thinking about State College, PA where Penn State is located and which is about 30 miles from the gun club. Also, I assume you are looking for hotels??

This is what I have found for hotels in the area of the gun club...excluding the asshole Holiday Inn Express Lewistown and their $500/night rate during Penn State football season. And, this particular one isn't even closest to the Penn State games....they are like 30-35 miles away, want $500/night, and the Holiday Inn Express (see below) in State College where the game actually is runs only $100/night. Makes zero sense.

Closest to the club: Quality Inn & Suites, 13015 Ferguson Valley Road, US 322, Burnham, PA, 17009-1892,
    https://www.choicehotels.com/pennsy...3D2D6E924A7C0EC9989FC9AE&source=EMCHRESUSENCP
    looks kind of meh
    3 miles from club
    About $100/night

Next closest is: Best Western Nittany Inn Milroy, 5 Commerce Drive, Milroy, Pennsylvania 17063-8104
    look alright to me
    9 miles from club
    About $110/night

Next we have to move into State College, PA for any other hotels. There are a bunch of hotels in State College, but I personally made resv at these two:

Holiday Inn Express State College @Williamsburg Sq, 1925 Waddle Road State College, PA United States 16803
    34 miles from club
    About $100/night (varies by day by a few)

Hilton Garden Inn State College, 1221 East College Avenue, State College PA 16801
    30 miles from club
    about $145/night

And yes, mo' restaurants, etc in State College. Only issue may be Sunday night (not for hotel, got those) when it may be a bit crowded in town as it seems many will stay over to Sun after the game on Sat. But, I bet they clear out by Sun evening and head home for the most part.

I hope this is helpful, please let me know if I can do anything further for you and Frank on this subject.

Cheers

Holiday Inn State College, PA reservations made. A little bit of a drive, but multiple restaurants in the parking lot. Jersey Mike's on the way home to gather lunch for the next day. PERFECT.

Spoke to Holiday Inn Express in Reedsville. They must be on CRACK...
    The other choices don't have eats close by, so there you go.

I'll try to arrange a meeting place at a later date for the meet-n-greet.

Taylor. Did you block out a bunch of rooms for this class at that hotel? Just checking before I make reservations

Holiday Inn State College, PA reservations made. A little bit of a drive, but multiple restaurants in the parking lot. Jersey Mike's on the way home to gather lunch for the next day. PERFECT.

Spoke to Holiday Inn Express in Reedsville. They must be on CRACK...
    The other choices don't have eats close by, so there you go.

I'll try to arrange a meeting place at a later date for the meet-n-greet.
    Any of the hotels in reedsville,milroy ,burnham or lewistown all have food close by and are closer than state college but state college does have more and is more upscale.

@Enough Said ,What time do you typically start classes in the day? I live 2hrs away and want to know if I should plan a hotel stay or make the drive. Where can I find a list of recommended equipment to bring as well and round count? Thank you.

@Enough Said ,What time do you typically start classes in the day? I live 2hrs away and want to know if I should plan a hotel stay or make the drive. Where can I find a list of recommended equipment to bring as well and round count? Thank you.
    See attached info sheet

Attachments

• M.C.S.A. PR1.pdf
      128.7 KB · Views: 112
    Reactions: Corradopsi
    Any of the hotels in reedsville,milroy ,burnham or lewistown all have food close by and are closer than state college but state college does have more and is more upscale.
    Sight - Unseen, we always default to newer hotels with restaurants close to keep the drunk drivers from driving drunk. :-]. The longer ride to the range is through nice country and a great way to enjoy a cup of coffee. Frank and I debrief the day and game the next on the drive back. Yes, I wish it were closer too. Holiday Inn Reedsville wanted $450 for one of the nights so they can kiss my ass.

Reactions: Nik H
    Sight - Unseen, we always default to newer hotels with restaurants close to keep the drunk drivers from driving drunk. :-]. The longer ride to the range is through nice country and a great way to enjoy a cup of coffee. Frank and I debrief the day and game the next on the drive back. Yes, I wish it were closer too. Holiday Inn Reedsville wanted $450 for one of the nights so they can kiss my ass.
    I have never heard of that hotel quoting a price like that we have friends and family stay there quite often , maybe something changed .

I just called to confirm this as my relatives said they never paid anything close to that when they come to stay but sure enough they wanted 506 per night , i dont know what changed there but they are on crack . Probably a penn state game or some type of conference at the school is all i can think of.

@Enough Said at what point do we need to provide payment and any idea how much the range fees are going to be?

I will be in touch later in the summer through email when I open the payment portal for your course. Range fees are $35 per day, $70 for the Course. We may just add it to the Course fee and cut the check to the range ourselves to keep the confusion down.

Thanks for your question. It will probably put lots of minds at ease.

--Taylor

• Love
    Reactions: Baron23 and RG0099
    I will be in touch later in the summer through email when I open the payment portal for your course. Range fees are $35 per day, $70 for the Course. We may just add it to the Course fee and cut the check to the range ourselves to keep the confusion down.

Thanks for your question. It will probably put lots of minds at ease.

--Taylor
    Have they said whether or not the range fee applies to members? If not, the fee is 120 iirc for an annual membership and locals may want to opt for that and have access all year rather than the one time fee. Just a thought, depends on their policy.

Reactions: Baron23
    Have they said whether or not the range fee applies to members? If not, the fee is 120 iirc for an annual membership and locals may want to opt for that and have access all year rather than the one time fee. Just a thought, depends on their policy.
    Clarification:
    We are "purchasing" the range for your two-day course, then again for the other two-day course. That must be paid for, regardless of whether the shooter is a member.

Please put me on the standby list for this and if nothing else your a mile from the house. Love to come and meet some folks at outback’s.

• Love
    Reactions: Enough Said
    ABOUT PAYMENT FOR THE COURSE

We just processed a block of payments for the Nebraska Class which is July 30 - August 1. Everyone who is coming is paid up, the course is full and we are close enough that everyone who paid is confident that they can attend.

I request payment in blocks like this, so I can track your payments as they roll in and fill out my roster. We cannot do this all at once, nation-wide, as it would create a huge mess. We are in 9 states this year with more than a dozen courses.

Get your shit together and if you want OFF the roster, get off the roster with an email to me. [email protected].
    Otherwise, pay up promptly and follow instructions when requested, please. You are 32 names right now and that is going to be hard to keep up with when they start rolling in. I WILL LET YOU KNOW, BY EMAIL, WHEN I WANT THAT TO BEGIN. Will also post here in case I have someone's email wrong.

I'll probably be in touch in early-mid August, by email, to our rostered students, requesting immediate payment of Course Fees.

Thanks, guys. We are having a great year with great students and cannot wait to get to you in PA.

Taylor

Attachments

• 64447181120__17BDE24F-2230-4E96-8CF7-E78A612BEBC4.jpeg
      64447181120__17BDE24F-2230-4E96-8CF7-E78A612BEBC4.jpeg
      483.6 KB · Views: 85
    • IMG_0499.JPG
      IMG_0499.JPG
      220 KB · Views: 85
    ALTERNATES LIST, YOU WILL GET THE CALL NEXT WEEK.
    WE'VE GOT DEAD BEATS WHO WON'T PURCHASE THE SEAT, SO IT WILL BE FIRST-COME-FIRST SERVED.

• Angry
    Reactions: Nik H