• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Snipers Hide slowing down?

johngfoster

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2007
NW MT
Has anyone noticed the site getting slower? I've been having a really hard time getting the pages here to load up on my computer. Most of the time they time out and won't load up. Other websites seem to load fine. I've especially had trouble loading posts, like this one for instance, as well as uploading pictures to the gallery. Anyone else having similar troubles? VERY FRUSTRATING.

Re: Snipers Hide slowing down?

Ive noticed on a few pages ... but they load up after about 20 seconds ... usually its pretty snappy...

Having this problem again. Pages timing out more often than not before they load up. Other websites are working just fine. I dropped an email to [email protected] explaining my problem, so we'll see what comes of it.
(5th time trying to post this here--keeps timing out before it will post)

Looks like my ISP (TCT West) is routing my connection through Chicago, then Dallas, and so forth before getting to LA where the servers are located. Looks to be a very inefficient rout to me. Will have to contact them and say "what's up with that?"

from my NMCI seat I get an empty message box on EVERY SINGLE post I read, it just says "Error!".

But that's NMCI, it's only happened once here at home.

Forum homepage is starting to bog down for me. Sub forum pages are a little slow but not that bad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johngfoster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like my ISP (TCT West) is routing my connection through Chicago, then Dallas, and so forth before getting to LA where the servers are located. Looks to be a very inefficient rout to me. Will have to contact them and say "what's up with that?"</div></div>

I'm just curious, do you have any idea how eBGP works or what hot-potato routing is?