• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper's Hide Stream Coming Soon!

alexj-12

Administrator
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 17, 2020
    Illinois
    Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that we're planning a Sniper's Hide stream at the end of July on the 27th. The stream will be from 1:00-2:00 CDT and will be for annual supporting members and commercial members only. This will give you guys a chance to meet with Frank/other community leaders and give us any ideas you may have on how to improve the community. See you all there!

Hi,

It would be really nice if there was a way to allow the forum software to assist in the ever growing number of commercial registrations that do not pay the commercial sponsor fees.

If a registration name is a company name then that registration has abc hours to upgrade to commercial account or it is removed.

If a members profile contains a link to a company then that member is alerted and given abc hours to upgrade to commercial account or it is removed.

If a members signature contains a link to a company then that member is alerted and given abc hours to upgrade to commercial account or it is removed.

There are just some absolutely BLATANT commercial accounts here that have operated for a long time without upgrading their account to commercial account.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Hi,

It would be really nice if there was a way to allow the forum software to assist in the ever growing number of commercial registrations that do not pay the commercial sponsor fees.

If a registration name is a company name then that registration has abc hours to upgrade to commercial account or it is removed.

If a members profile contains a link to a company then that member is alerted and given abc hours to upgrade to commercial account or it is removed.

If a members signature contains a link to a company then that member is alerted and given abc hours to upgrade to commercial account or it is removed.

There are just some absolutely BLATANT commercial accounts here that have operated for a long time without upgrading their account to commercial account.

Sincerely,
    Theis
    You mean like the guy "selling off his supply of bullets and brass combos"......

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

@MegaMind comes to my thoughts....

Doc

Don't just squawk like a bunch of old retirees at my grandma's living complex.

Cody
    Cody,
    I don't waste my time reporting you because no one seems to care.
    You play word games but selling off a constant supply of NEW STUFF really isn't what the PX was designed for.

I'm just an old retired guy that doesn't have to sit on the floor because he has furniture.

@MegaMind @Ravenworks - great job hijacking this thread about a Sniper's Hide Live Stream with completely unrelated stuff.

Maybe you guys can take it to PM.....or open a new thread on the subject of who/what/when is a seller a commercial entity and needs to pay for a commercial account.

I think @alexj-12 (the OP) has been very tolerant

Cheers
    I'm not sure what your dog is in this fight.

As I see it, @Ravenworks issue is that @MegaMind seems to be selling an awful lot of "new" items from his "personal stash" and seems to be updating inventory frequently. It's almost like he should be featured on an upcoming episode of "Hoarders" or whatever.

At any rate, many of the commercial supporters would be proud of the amount of inventory that he has moved on this site in the past year.

Reactions: Ravenworks
    I'm not sure what your dog is in this fight.

As I see it, @Ravenworks issue is that @MegaMind seems to be selling an awful lot of "new" items from his "personal stash" and seems to be updating inventory frequently. It's almost like he should be featured on an upcoming episode of "Hoarders" or whatever.

At any rate, many of the commercial supporters would be proud of the amount of inventory that he has moved on this site in the past year.
    And Johnny, exactly what is the topic of this thread, started by on of the site’s admin?

it sure as fuck ain’t a pissing contest between these two guys over what is and is not commercial sales.

so, where’s your dog in this?

And Johnny, exactly what is the topic of this thread, started by on of the site’s admin?

it sure as fuck ain’t a pissing contest between these two guys over what is and is not commercial sales.

so, where’s your dog in this?
    Fair warning - this is long and I have run out of tequila.

Well, like you, I have been a member of this wonderful website dedicated to long range shooting and supporting the shooting community. You from 2020, and me from 2011. We both share a passion for firearms and marksmanship. The shooting community is a close kinship. We appreciate retailers that cater to our love for the shooting sports. We also appreciate fair play in the marketplace.

Now, if someone has, say, an extra stock, or barrel, or trigger that they have on hand and no longer needs it would be nice for them to be able to sell it for a fair price. There are many shooting enthusiasts that would cherish that opportunity to pick up a specialized item at a fair price. Bam! The PX is a great solution.

However, we have several wonderful retailers that support this site and the shooting community in general. These sellers depend on our sales to remain in business. Not only that, but they pay to be "commercial supporters" of this site. As you can imagine, the cost to be a "commercial supporter" is a good bit more than the cost to be a regular "supporter" of this site. We depend on these commercial supporters to bring new technology to the marketplace. Not only that, but look in the Bear Pit and look at the "bitch threads" from people who feel they have been wronged by commercial supporters. They (commercial supporters) invest their entire lives, both monetarily and emotionally, into making this site the premier forum for long-range shooting.

So...when someone comes in and pays a pittance to be a "supporter" but not a "commercial supporter" it rubs some of us the wrong way. If you are an individual selling the occasional extra accessory or firearm...okay. We as firearm enthusiasts are prone to collecting some esoteric items that only members of this forum will appreciate. Great - sell it on the Px. I've bought many items on the Px.

But, when someone habitually sells a huge amount of items on the Px...that crosses a line for many of us. Now, I am not a commercial supporter of Snipers's Hide. Though I am part owner in a gunsmithing business, I do not advertise that on the Hide. I am strictly a fellow shooter. But I can not stand by while someone openly operates a business in the Px while undercutting the legitimate businesses that we depend upon to support Snipers Hide.

Fair warning - this is long and I have run out of tequila.

Well, like you, I have been a member of this wonderful website dedicated to long range shooting and supporting the shooting community. You from 2020, and me from 2011. We both share a passion for firearms and marksmanship. The shooting community is a close kinship. We appreciate retailers that cater to our love for the shooting sports. We also appreciate fair play in the marketplace.

Now, if someone has, say, an extra stock, or barrel, or trigger that they have on hand and no longer needs it would be nice for them to be able to sell it for a fair price. There are many shooting enthusiasts that would cherish that opportunity to pick up a specialized item at a fair price. Bam! The PX is a great solution.

However, we have several wonderful retailers that support this site and the shooting community in general. These sellers depend on our sales to remain in business. Not only that, but they pay to be "commercial supporters" of this site. As you can imagine, the cost to be a "commercial supporter" is a good bit more than the cost to be a regular "supporter" of this site. We depend on these commercial supporters to bring new technology to the marketplace. Not only that, but look in the Bear Pit and look at the "bitch threads" from people who feel they have been wronged by commercial supporters. They (commercial supporters) invest their entire lives, both monetarily and emotionally, into making this site the premier forum for long-range shooting.

So...when someone comes in and pays a pittance to be a "supporter" but not a "commercial supporter" it rubs some of us the wrong way. If you are an individual selling the occasional extra accessory or firearm...okay. We as firearm enthusiasts are prone to collecting some esoteric items that only members of this forum will appreciate. Great - sell it on the Px. I've bought many items on the Px.

But, when someone habitually sells a huge amount of items on the Px...that crosses a line for many of us. Now, I am not a commercial supporter of Snipers's Hide. Though I am part owner in a gunsmithing business, I do not advertise that on the Hide. I am strictly a fellow shooter. But I can not stand by while someone openly operates a business in the Px while undercutting the legitimate businesses that we depend upon to support Snipers Hide.
    Johnny - I not only agree w you 100%, I’m also pretty sure I never commented in this thread at all about that subject. Not one word, I believe.

my only comment, which you quoted and responded to, was regarding them going back and forth about this in the wrong thread. This thread. I thought, and still think, it was a total hijack of the admin’s thread about a Hide LS.

A our little back and forth is perpetuating that so I’m bowing out now and wish you the best of luck.

cheers

@Doc68 , all of the stuff I've sold are my personal components, firearms (perfect example are my suppressors, all of which are on my personal Form 4's, not Form 3's like an SOT would have them on like if a business), etc.

I'm not a business/anything on a commercial basis, just someone who owns a lot of stuff.
    I thought that was supposed to be a good thing in the 2A "community."

Don't be petty, and speculating/trying to narc on something that isn't true.

I don't care if I have to remove my political Campaign's website link from my signature. Even then, I'm not a PAC, I run everything myself, given election laws, I don't need to file as a PAC (Political Action Committee). Obviously, even given that, I wouldn't run it as a business to make money off of, let alone on a forum site ..... so you guys are REALLY grasping for straws with me 🤷‍♂️

A lot of you guys are acting quite baseless and pathetic. 🙄

Change the rules, set limits to how many things an individual can sell here (like how ARFcom does), and have the ACTUAL Mods enforce the rules... don't just squawk like a bunch of old retirees at my grandma's living complex.

Cody
    Be careful. Anything above isolated or occasional is considered engaging in business in every state.

Reactions: Ravenworks
    Wow, what happened to the original thread??????????????????????

Reactions: brianf
    what may help the process along is Snipershide sending out a few ideas (to those invited for their eyes only) of what the hide is looking to do going forward.

the best advice/criticism brainstorm meetings always have a very generic direction.

in my opinion having several supporters on the same stream yet they are all tugging in different directions will not be beneficial for any involved.

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that we're planning a Sniper's Hide stream at the end of July on the 27th. The stream will be from 1:00-2:00 CDT and will be for annual supporting members and commercial members only. This will give you guys a chance to meet with Frank/other community leaders and give us any ideas you may have on how to improve the community. See you all there!
    Good morning Alex,

Wondering if the streaming will be open to all supporters or just those who pay annually?

what may help the process along is Snipershide sending out a few ideas (to those invited for their eyes only) of what the hide is looking to do going forward.

the best advice/criticism brainstorm meetings always have a very generic direction.

in my opinion having several supporters on the same stream yet they are all tugging in different directions will not be beneficial for any involved.
    Yup we'll be doing that during the stream! This will give us a chance to let you all know what we've been working on, our goals for the site, and then give you guys the chance to give feedback and make some suggestions of your own :)

Good morning Alex,

Wondering if the streaming will be open to all supporters or just those who pay annually?
    Morning! The stream will be open to annual supporters and monthly/annual commercial members

Morning! The stream will be open to annual supporters and monthly/annual commercial members

Hi,

That should be 2 different streams completely as they utilize the site/forum in completely different methods and have completely different feedback and suggestions of the site/forum.

Commercial members and Supporters do not use the site/forum for the same reasons.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Hey everyone, I sent the invite out since the stream is coming up soon. See you all on July 27th at 1pm CT!

Change the Rules,

Well that is exactly what we are doing because of guys like @MegaMind

They know the intent, but they don't care, they understand it's taking advantage and exploiting a loophole but they don't care, so we are changing the rules.

Now only supporters and paying members will be able to use the PX, no grandfathering anymore, no exceptions, no hey I have been a member since... this way the rules are clear.

We have a lot of guys who try to skirt the rules, we give them every opportunity to correct the issue, but we also get a large number who feel Entitled to access and straight up tell us NO. So we ban them...

But the days of the loopholes are coming to an end, the MegaMind mindset will no longer fly.

We'll see you on the 27th

Change the Rules,

Well that is exactly what we are doing because of guys like @MegaMind

They know the intent, but they don't care, they understand it's taking advantage and exploiting a loophole but they don't care, so we are changing the rules.

Now only supporters and paying members will be able to use the PX, no grandfathering anymore, no exceptions, no hey I have been a member since... this way the rules are clear.

We have a lot of guys who try to skirt the rules, we give them every opportunity to correct the issue, but we also get a large number who feel Entitled to access and straight up tell us NO. So we ban them...

But the days of the loopholes are coming to an end, the MegaMind mindset will no longer fly.

We'll see you on the 27th

Lemme see if I got this right....

- @MegaMind, whose campaign centers around 2A issues joins site dedicated to the finer points of the 2A
    - @MegaMind then abuses site rules and gives the site owner the shaft on his commercial dealings
    - @MegaMind spins a load of shit to pretend he isn't doing exactly what it looks like he's doing
    - @MegaMind wrapped up in a scandal involving lies, theft, and shitty pricing before anyone even had the chance to vote for him

Guy like that ought to aim higher in life... Hell, he could president.

Greg et al:

The Upgrade / Supporter Account is ONLY NECESSARY TO SELL, nothing else

Why is this so hard to understand, nothing changes unless you intend on using the PX. The other models did not work, it was a mix of who can, why can they and not me, what if I want to sell but ... so we made it easy if you want to sell on here, you support the site if you don't want to sell its business as usual. If you are selling odds are you have an extra $20 to use...

Please stop the Drama Llama bullshit, the fake outrage is really getting old

You used the site for FREE sold Millions in gear and never kicked a dime back to support the site. I PAID FOR EVERYTHING for far too long... now that we want to tax those who abused the generosity of the site, you have an issue

It's all CAPITALISM Until I try to do it, it's capitalism to sell $10 worth of Nylon for $120, based on someone else's idea, but asking to support something that has given back for 20 years is afront to your nature.

Insert EYE ROLL while I open the front door as WIDE AS POSSIBLE to let as many of you guys as I can ... please go and stop whining, I am completely sick of it.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    On excellent advice, I apologize to you, Frank, for my having misspoke. We both leaped before giving sufficient thought. I have deleted my comments, they serve no useful purpose.

I'm better off on the site than off, and that may work both ways.

I know where the door is and I'm not interested, now that I realize I misread the commentary on the pay-for services.

Sometimes I mistake myself for the slave at the victory parade who whispers "...And remember thou art mortal, Sir...". In honesty that's not my place, if it's anybody's.

Be well, and hang on, hang in, Frank.

Greg

...And Alex, keep doin' what you're doin', you're doin' a great job, even if us OG's miss the point occasionally.... was once in similar shoes for some years, decades ago.

Last edited:
    This had just over half a chance. I feel let down........

Weak stream?

iu

Thanks for joining everyone! I'll be sending out the recording of the stream later this week and we'll definitely be doing another one of these in the future :)

Reactions: MediumSpeed