• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Snipers in SHTF Situation

Longshot231

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2018
    The producer brings up some interesting points but I think that he’s probably incorrect on some points.

First, I wouldn’t necessarily call the shooter that he’s describing a true sniper. This person would basically a murderous thief. A true sniper wouldn’t want to expose themself after taking a shot to steal the victim’s equipment.

I could see groups of marauders ambushing targets or invading various homes, farms or enclaves.

He’s correct that the killer in the scenario that he’s describing would now be a high priority target for the victims’ family and friends. I would also go out on a limb and say that the killer would probably have to know the terrain and area.

With that said, the killer would probably know their victims and the neighbors might start a search and destroy mission in their own back yards. Some innocent people might be falsely accused as there won’t be any recognition often bill of rights.

So what does everyone else think?

The producer brings up some interesting points but I think that he’s probably incorrect on some points.

First, I wouldn’t necessarily call the shooter that he’s describing a true sniper. This person would basically a murderous thief. A true sniper wouldn’t want to expose themself after taking a shot to steal the victim’s equipment.

I could see groups of marauders ambushing targets or invading various homes, farms or enclaves.

He’s correct that the killer in the scenario that he’s describing would now be a high priority target for the victims’ family and friends. I would also go out on a limb and say that the killer would probably have to know the terrain and area.

With that said, the killer would probably know their victims and the neighbors might start a search and destroy mission in their own back yards. Some innocent people might be falsely accused as there won’t be any recognition often bill of rights.

So what does everyone else think?

Stuff like this reminds me of the sports casters who make predictions about who will win the Superbowl...on the fist day of the season. Just somemoer shit to clog the airways.

Reactions: BCP
    When you are alone you will be a victim of hoards of roving scumbags eventually. I'll save you all the time and misery of watching a stupid video made by an idiot.

You are alone, eventually you have to sleep, eventually you have to go outside, eventually you will need firewood or drinking water or to fuel the generator. When you start the gen it will make noise that attracts the sewage of humanity. If you allow three or four people to stay with or join you, they will "vote' to divide your food and resources because that is fair. No matter what, if you have contact with anyone who you did not know before the doom event, they will betray you and sell you for parts.

If you think family will save you, you are in fact an idiot. Those Biden voting, Bernie loving relatives will be telling their commie friends your address on day 2 of the doom event and they will be gather a mob or thinking of ways to burn you out. If you let them stay in your house, they will murder you in your sleep at some point.

By virtue of country living, I have a generator and 50 gallons of diesel for 14 days of emergency, my well has a cistern and it can be accessed without a pump so I have a couple of thousand gallons of water, a wood stove and enough wood for a year in the wood shed and thousands of acres of wood available nearby, a tractor, a truck, a wood splitter and plenty of fuel, security lights even solar ones, stout fencing and more barbed wire available for securing more of the perimeter. Enough food for several months, from dehydrated stuff to a freezer of venison and beef, the room and ability to garden. The ability to defend it all.

At some point roving bands of sewer people from the nearby city will come out to rob, rape and loot and while I can shoot them down by the dozens, they will come by the hundreds and the harder you defend, the harder they will attack because you must have something worth stealing to fight so hard. Or local communist leaders and law enforcement will come to force you to give up your property "for the greater good", then force you to house a dozen scumbags, feed them, wash their clothes and they will seize your arms and ammunition, "for the greater good" or to make people feel safe.

If you voted for Biden, you fucked us all.

If you haven't read the Black Autumn book series by Jeff Kirkham and Jason Ross, you should.

Pretty realistic view of how the breakdown will happen, and how rapidly things go to shit, no matter how well you think you've planned.

I'm on Book 3 now, and books one and two are well written, informative, and have a few hints on things I hadn't considered.

“NO MATTER HOW MANY GUNS YOU HAVE IN THE HOUSE, WITHOUT A GUN IN-YOUR-HAND WHEN A CRISIS ARISES, YOU’LL BE STRUGGLING TO GET AHEAD OF THE POWER CURVE.” Jeff Kirkham

"God alone decides the contest ; but we must put our shoulders to the wheel." Admiral David G. Farragut , 10 March 1862 at the naval battle for New Orleans.

Last edited:
    wtf-homer.gif

When you are alone you will be a victim of hoards of roving scumbags eventually. I'll save you all the time and misery of watching a stupid video made by an idiot.

You are alone, eventually you have to sleep, eventually you have to go outside, eventually you will need firewood or drinking water or to fuel the generator. When you start the gen it will make noise that attracts the sewage of humanity. If you allow three or four people to stay with or join you, they will "vote' to divide your food and resources because that is fair. No matter what, if you have contact with anyone who you did not know before the doom event, they will betray you and sell you for parts.

If you think family will save you, you are in fact an idiot. Those Biden voting, Bernie loving relatives will be telling their commie friends your address on day 2 of the doom event and they will be gather a mob or thinking of ways to burn you out. If you let them stay in your house, they will murder you in your sleep at some point.

By virtue of country living, I have a generator and 50 gallons of diesel for 14 days of emergency, my well has a cistern and it can be accessed without a pump so I have a couple of thousand gallons of water, a wood stove and enough wood for a year in the wood shed and thousands of acres of wood available nearby, a tractor, a truck, a wood splitter and plenty of fuel, security lights even solar ones, stout fencing and more barbed wire available for securing more of the perimeter. Enough food for several months, from dehydrated stuff to a freezer of venison and beef, the room and ability to garden. The ability to defend it all.

At some point roving bands of sewer people from the nearby city will come out to rob, rape and loot and while I can shoot them down by the dozens, they will come by the hundreds and the harder you defend, the harder they will attack because you must have something worth stealing to fight so hard. Or local communist leaders and law enforcement will come to force you to give up your property "for the greater good", then force you to house a dozen scumbags, feed them, wash their clothes and they will seize your arms and ammunition, "for the greater good" or to make people feel safe.

You just need to leave some subtle things to make them choose another house, hanging around'.

The gun for SHTF is a AR15. heavy bbl so you can see your hits. You won't have a spotter. .223. No lights or lazers. You clear a house with a match not your AR. A tough scope that is straight power. From 10x down to 4x. . Forget the range, practice shooting off your knee or over a log. Do some offhanded too. Get to where you can make hits at 500 yards in in various stances/rests. See where your rifle shoots with various ammo. Targets should be a orange at 300. A shoe at 200. The edge of a face at 100. Get in shape and get some medical training too. Just my thoughts.

So, we're supposed to use a BIGGER target at 200?

Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way, but my shoes are bigger than an orange.

Then again, I've seen @lowlight shoes in person...

Help a brutha out here....

"...practice shooting off your knee..."

Wouldn't you only get one, maybe two shots at the most?
    I'd think it would be very painful to do that.
    Would the screams give away your location?
    Does a single point sling help?
    Wouldn't it screw up your mobility?

Would the medical training help with the double knee injury?

I know in a SHTF situation, I wont live forever, nor will I in regular life. My goals are to take as many with me before I meet my end. All life ends.....once you realize that, it does get easier to live.

Doc

local communist leaders and law enforcement will come to force you to give up your property "for the greater good", then force you to house a dozen scumbags, feed them, wash their clothes and they will seize your arms and ammunition, "for the greater good" or to make people feel safe.

That's going to happen long before the roving hordes of zombies.
    You'll have the "Police" and the "Army" and the "National Guard" showing up with guns to take what you have and/or kill you because "just following orders".
    They will be sending truckloads of such goons out to seize farms and anything that looks like it might have supplies.
    Which of course as the Soviets showed, only ensures that there is no recovery and everybody starves.

"dont allow yourself to accept the lie that he won. ever."

Well, I accept that he won. I didn't vote for him, or the other guy. He's the President. Next year the Republicans will take Congress easily and in 2024 we'll have our first back to back one term Presidencies since Ford-Carter. And our first President since Cleveland to serve two separate terms.

SHTF when SHTF, not when you or I want it to, nor for the reasons we are so sure will causer it. I'm convinced it'll be when I'm my Dad's age (76). Hope I'm still dragging bucks out of the woods at that age like he did this past week...

Well, I accept that he won. I didn't vote for him, or the other guy. He's the President. Next year the Republicans will take Congress easily and in 2024 we'll have our first back to back one term Presidencies since Ford-Carter. And our first President since Cleveland to serve two separate terms.

SHTF when SHTF, not when you or I want it to, nor for the reasons we are so sure will causer it. I'm convinced it'll be when I'm my Dad's age (76). Hope I'm still dragging bucks out of the woods at that age like he did this past week...
    What about Dominion Inc.?

Reactions: Longshot231
    So, we're supposed to use a BIGGER target at 200?

Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way, but my shoes are bigger than an orange.

Then again, I've seen @lowlight shoes in person...

Help a brutha out here....

"...practice shooting off your knee..."

Wouldn't you only get one, maybe two shots at the most?
    I'd think it would be very painful to do that.
    Would the screams give away your location?
    Does a single point sling help?
    Wouldn't it screw up your mobility?

Would the medical training help with the double knee injury?
    Yeah the orange is the smaller target. Hard to find 300+ yard ranges on private land east of the Mississippi so that is the tough "long range" target. Bigger target at 200 to build confidence.

As far as shooting off your knee......about 3 weeks after ShTF the grass/weeds are going to be so tall everywhere that the only place to shoot laying on your rapidly diminishing belly will be roofs and paved areas. Maybe the bed of a pickup. All will be targets of the opposition. Don't get fooled into thinking your training by aping a video game or how the sniper is being used in the mid-east. There they are being used to replace machine gun nest for PR reasons.

SHTF hmmm. Just here so I can read everyone's fantasies about what it will be like. and how they're going to be sniping people at 500+ yards. I don't doubt shit will hit the fan. I just think it's going to be a lot different from what people fantasize about everyday.

🙄

Reactions: Bender
    Damn that was hard to watch! Did anyone besides me want to take him out? I know, its just a video but damn!
    I had heard about that movie. Pretty unsavory scene. And i know its fake. Watching those puerto rico hit didn’t bother me a bit.

What bothers me the most in movies is the mistakes the cast is scripted to take. Like who wears bright colors and runs out from behind cover? Although i have played paintball with civilians, police and marines. None of them were impressive, especially the marines who i thought would be better. I am sure it was just their group, just cause you served doesn’t mean you trained well or stick to your training, but these guys were training other people! I think they just underestimated me and my buddy, or had an off day, but damn i was blown away.

SHTF hmmm. Just here so I can read everyone's fantasies about what it will be like. and how they're going to be sniping people at 500+ yards. I don't doubt shit will hit the fan. I just think it's going to be a lot different from what people fantasize about everyday.
    Is 500 far or something? Or are we talking about movers?

Damn that was hard to watch! Did anyone besides me want to take him out? I know, its just a video but damn!

Yes it was just a video. It was art imitating life. In other words, there are real evil people out there like that and not all of them are men. Just as many of them are members of the "fairer sex."

Figure the "largest standing army in the world" (aka American deer hunters) have some less than savory characters the threat from a "sniper" picking you off is something to think about. It goes a long way in not adverting that you have 'stuff" other people will want in a SHTF time.

Just look at what happened in Yugoslavia in the 1990's... and extrapolate.

A few differences, though. Over there, everyone had at least some compulsory military service. So everyone had a foundation. This meant that you weren't putting the dildo-ponies against the hunters at the outset. Lots of bloodshed on all sides.

Another difference was that the Yugos weren't well-armed until the armories were opened and looted... then everyone had automatic weapons. And artillery. And unlimited ammo. See my note about training.

Plus you had outside forces throwing in money and weapons for 'their' factions. Something I don't necessarily see in the US. Unless you think Putin will be sending AK's to com-symps in cities. I don't see it.

The result... about 150K dead in combat. 10x that wounded and traumatized. And 4 million displaced. In a country the size of Indiana and with a population of just 24 million. Multiply that population by 10...

The dead were also disproportionately families, women, kids and non-combatants. Died as collateral damage and from mines and random artillery. Not to mention criminal bands galore. The most disgusting thing was rich kids coming in from UK and Western Europe for a weekend or spring break... just to kill a few people with a rented or borrowed rifle and go back to their universities.... Psychos who played war tourism and didn't care who they shot as long as it was someone. It happened, esp. in Sarajevo.

If anyone thinks another Civil War in the US is going to be anything less than total war, they are sadly mistaken. The model is Yugoslavia... an educated, advanced, industrial society that was actually the most liberal of the 'Iron curtain' countries. And one of the economic gems among the FUSSR's satellite flunkies. They were a first world country. Like us.

Anyway... if bad things kick off... the hard men will come out of it. The problem is, it's pretty difficult to know who they are before festivities kick off, isn't it? It's always the ones you least expect. The little guy who aces BUD/S. The scrawny kid from TX who becomes America's most decorated soldier. The english teacher from Maine who changes history at Gettysburg. The short version is noone knows what will happen. But rest assured that it will be a bloodbath and property damage will leave the nation devastated for a decade or more.

Anyhoo... Snipery Videos. Sure. Yeah. Enjoy.

Sirhr

That was so shitty it’s practically a dark comedy. The acting and effects were terrible.

With the groupthink and electronics/communications dependency that we have in the country today, is anyone else thinking about how things will play out in terms of the masses actually figuring out that something has happened on a large scale? I've thought about this a bit and cant quite decide how it might look in terms of groups coming together, at least at the onset. Should there be a true uprising, (not talking about mass-extinction level event) it would start in urban centers. Once it gets out of hand it's likely that communications would be shut down. Those outside the immediate area might notice that their ithingys don't work, but would they actually go out to figure out what is going on?

Now, if we experienced a large scale EMP type event and everything went down at once, I could see things getting jazzed up real quick. I'd guess you'd see pretty murderous actions begin within a day or three.

During the great depression hords of desperate people went wherever they heard things were better. There are no safe places when lack of resources makes people desperate.

If SHTF, are the farmers who live where the population is 20 people per square mile, really going to hold back the cities where the populations can be thousands per square mile.

The way rumors spread and multiply, taking a life in defense could easily become the excuse mobs use to take what you got by force.

People talk about survival like they saw it in a Hollywood movie. There is plenty of real history, except nobody can come rescue the USA. If our economy collapses, the rest of the world is worse. Don't expect Canada and Mexico to set up humanitarian camps for the starving Americans.

That movie looks dumb as hell, the special effects are trash lol. They sure like to loosely throw around the term Sniper.
    How many times was that fucker going to rack the bolt on an empty gun?

Glad that first kid got it.

Reminded me of my spoiled brat little nephew that won't mind and takes off running anytime they take him out in public

How many times was that fucker going to rack the bolt on an empty gun?

Glad that first kid got it.

Reminded me of my spoiled brat little nephew that won't mind and takes off running anytime they take him out in public
    Not sure what internal mag he’s running but it’s fucking magic

Just look at what happened in Yugoslavia in the 1990's... and extrapolate.

A few differences, though. Over there, everyone had at least some compulsory military service. So everyone had a foundation. This meant that you weren't putting the dildo-ponies against the hunters at the outset. Lots of bloodshed on all sides.

Another difference was that the Yugos weren't well-armed until the armories were opened and looted... then everyone had automatic weapons. And artillery. And unlimited ammo. See my note about training.

Plus you had outside forces throwing in money and weapons for 'their' factions. Something I don't necessarily see in the US. Unless you think Putin will be sending AK's to com-symps in cities. I don't see it.

The result... about 150K dead in combat. 10x that wounded and traumatized. And 4 million displaced. In a country the size of Indiana and with a population of just 24 million. Multiply that population by 10...

The dead were also disproportionately families, women, kids and non-combatants. Died as collateral damage and from mines and random artillery. Not to mention criminal bands galore. The most disgusting thing was rich kids coming in from UK and Western Europe for a weekend or spring break... just to kill a few people with a rented or borrowed rifle and go back to their universities.... Psychos who played war tourism and didn't care who they shot as long as it was someone. It happened, esp. in Sarajevo.

If anyone thinks another Civil War in the US is going to be anything less than total war, they are sadly mistaken. The model is Yugoslavia... an educated, advanced, industrial society that was actually the most liberal of the 'Iron curtain' countries. And one of the economic gems among the FUSSR's satellite flunkies. They were a first world country. Like us.

Anyway... if bad things kick off... the hard men will come out of it. The problem is, it's pretty difficult to know who they are before festivities kick off, isn't it? It's always the ones you least expect. The little guy who aces BUD/S. The scrawny kid from TX who becomes America's most decorated soldier. The english teacher from Maine who changes history at Gettysburg. The short version is noone knows what will happen. But rest assured that it will be a bloodbath and property damage will leave the nation devastated for a decade or more.

Anyhoo... Snipery Videos. Sure. Yeah. Enjoy.

Sirhr
    did not know this!

People talk about survival like they saw it in a Hollywood movie. There is plenty of real history, except nobody can come rescue the USA. If our economy collapses, the rest of the world is worse. Don't expect Canada and Mexico to set up humanitarian camps for the starving Americans.
    That's true but watch for UN peacekeeping forces* to set up "refugee camps." They do such a fantastic job everywhere else in the world's troubled spots:rolleyes:

*Note: More than likely these new peacekeeping forces would be speaking Chinese.

iu

• Haha
    Reactions: deersniper
    That's going to happen long before the roving hordes of zombies.
    You'll have the "Police" and the "Army" and the "National Guard" showing up with guns to take what you have and/or kill you because "just following orders".
    They will be sending truckloads of such goons out to seize farms and anything that looks like it might have supplies.
    Which of course as the Soviets showed, only ensures that there is no recovery and everybody starves.
    Gonna make a lot of insurgents with rifles and IUDs after that

Figure the "largest standing army in the world" (aka American deer hunters) have some less than savory characters the threat from a "sniper" picking you off is something to think about. It goes a long way in not adverting that you have 'stuff" other people will want in a SHTF time.
    You should talk to some deer hunters. Lol

C57BED5E-D56B-4A28-AD83-D9E3BF8C02F8.jpeg

I know you a propagandist

But for the other people :

And any more Republican presidents will be more pos like bush et al. They even tried to run beta Please Clap bush against trump

[
    28594E9C-2841-4D6D-9083-1D82CB8D6DE6.gif

Any more republicans will just be controlled opposition to give you the illusion that your vote means anything.

Like the chihuahua trey gowdy. All that barking, you think something is going to happen. NOTHING HAPPENS

Everyone with any sense knows the last election was a complete fraud and stolen by Joe Pedophile.

The problem is what to do about it. The Republican party is ran by gutless shitbags. Like their leftist counterparts, they are far more concerned with their turn at the trough and how much graft, bribes and schemes will net them in their lifetimes than with the actual will of the people. Republicans have no intention of refusing a bribe to protect their countrymen and no elected Republican will ever honestly "defend the Constitution".

It is a swamp, as Trump said it was. Those in power have carefully separated themselves from the rich and entitled, like Trump. They will gladly do the bidding of the wealthy if they stay on their side of the fence and provide those who are elected with an endless supply of children for sex and bribes. Trump crossed into their area and they lashed out at him. Almost to a man, every swamper Trump appointed to an office betrayed him, starting with that piece of shit Attorney General.

We live in a country where the FBI is literally an arm of the DNC. A Federal law enforcement agency with 35,000 employees is tasked with hiding bribes, corruption and stealing elections for the Democratic party. Who would have thought this was possible? They are literally covering up for Pedo Joe's crack smoking, bribe taking, kiddie raping son. FBI agents went after someone because Pedo Joe was fucking his granddaughter and she wrote it in her diary. Never mind fucking your own Grandkid is a fucking crime, the FBI ignores that tidbit.

We are fucked if we cannot steal the house and/or Senate back in a year. There is no way to win an election honestly anymore.

An American History 101 class may be a good idea in your case.

I'm doing fine on the history classes. The fact you are using revisionist leftist history from NPR to validate your point of view shows me you need to read a fucking book sometime.

This country was not founded or created by communists, anarchists, socialists, NAZI's or any of the other evil leftists who the FBI battled into the 1970's. Claiming that it was politics and the FBI was always political as an excuse to ignore their current behavior is simple minded leftist horseshit.
    Our nation's enemies have always been political in nature and they have always had the stated goal of destroying the rights recognized in our founding documents, to claim investigating these foreign funded, supported and inspired threats is somehow "political" is simple minded idiocy.